Chapter 43: The First and Last Encounter

KEL

Putang Ina.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ba ang dapat kong maramdaman. I knew something is wrong here, but I didn't know that we'll meet him, The Vainglory. We just walked around 10 minutes tapos ano? Nandito na siya. His aura id a real deal. Kung ganito siya kalakas, how much more his master? Halos gusto ko nang umatras sa laban na ito pero ano pa ang magagawa ko. Nandito na rin ako. I guess this ambitious dream of mine was a bad dream, but I guess- we'll go through this, right?

"Pride," Cairo called.

"Who would have thought that you'd show up early?" Evie said and she chuckled. "Masyadong excited matalo?" she asked again. He didn't reply but he started nodding and smirking while looking at each of our faces as if he was studying all of our features- both physically and magically.

"And what reason would I need to hide any longer? I've waited for this moment for months," he finally replied. "I was waiting for the so strongest team that my master has encountered but seeing the Princess here along with the other grimoires that we need? What a lucky day!" he added.

"How dare you disrupt my country?" Cairo furiously asked. "How can you, a mere sin, destroy the lives of humans? This so-called strongest team that you've waiting for will bring you down. You will never ever see your master's face ever gain," he added, and Pride laughed.

"Lame joke," he said, and he cleared his throat after laughing. "Predictable thoughts. Do all heroes sound like broken radios screaming and indulging justices and shit? How can a mere human focus on maintaining status quo when you cannot even fix your personal issues? How quaint," he added, and he began to laugh again. 

"You're quite bubbly," singit ni Vermillion. "I would love to cut off your tongue," she threatened with a cold voice. 

"Oh, so scary," he sarcastically replied. "Even so, what can you do?" he asked, and he teleported behind us which scared me. I was about to react, but it seemed that our bodies were pinned into the ground and neither of us can move. "Such empty words can't impress me, Your Highness," he whispered as he teleported beside Vermillion.

 Cairo attempted to move but he can't. Just when I attempted to move, my eyes widened when Vermillion calmly glanced at him like there was no magic that was stopping her. I saw how Pride's eyes widen with amusement and he smiled with evil intentions. Halos nasusuka na ako sa napakalakas at napakasama niyang aura. It was as if I was facing the demon itself, but no. This is just a sin, a mirror of the true demon that we'll be facing soon.

"We won't let you destroy everything we've fought for. We will protect the innocent and we will bring justice, no matter the cost is," Vermillion said calmly. "Even if we have to contribute every soul we have, we will-- to stop a villain that disrupts the peaceful life of the society," she added without any fear from her.

"The world needs a wake-up call, Your Highness. I may be a villain, but I am a catalyst for change- a change needs chaos. We, villains, exist for a reason. We exist to challenge the norms that hold back society," he replied calmly, and I personally think that the things he said makes sense. "We all have the same goal, a society where everyone is fitted to be lived, it's just that we don't have the same way of changing the world. Heroes use unity and compassion while we use fear and destruction," he added, and he teleported ion front of her.

The Grimoireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें