Chapter 20: Inside the Ocean Mist

After we ate, we directly went into the port at medyo konti na lang rin ang tao dito. I watxhed Kel prepare his ship at napahinga ako ng malalim habang tinititigan ang tubig. A sudden gush of breeze embraced my body, and it gave me chills.

The breeze was cold and comforting at the same time. My heart can't stop pounding and I can definitely feel some hutterflies in my stomach. My excitement to see what's inside the mist and the Hanging Gardens is somehow giving me this awkward feeling. Hindi ko alam kung ano ba ang dapat kong mararamdaman. Masaya ba ko? Malungkot? Natatakot? I guess, the only way to find it out is to proceed with this journey.

"Tara," sabi ni Evie at hinatak ako papunta sa maliit na ship ni Kel. It was well painted, and the moonlight made it more amusing, I must say. It wasn't that old and personally think that there is no way that this ship could survive inside the mist. But well, we are daredevils- so we possibly will, but not this ship.

Nangmakasakay na kaming lahat, Kel began to control the ship and it slowly koved towards the mist. I enhanced my vision and I saw a couple of light streaks inside it, and it looked like lightning. The sea was calm, and the sky was clear, but I'm sure this isn't the case once we go in that mist.

I saw Evie, Leo and Cairo, talking by the end of the ship at naisipan kong pumasok sa loob at pinuntahan si Kel na nagmamaneho ng ship. I greeted him with a smile, and he gave me a deep sigh.

"Nawala na lahat ng pasa mo. Evie did a great job," sabi ko at tumango siya.

"I'm impressed but, not in this situation," he replied. "My father used to tell me tales about Scholomance- about how young people aimed to save the world. He used to tell me that people studying there are crazy but unfortunately, it was crazier than I expected," he added.

"Well, once you get used to it, mababaliw ka rin," sagot ko naman at tumawa siya.

"I can't believe I tried to pass my application to that school. I'm glad it got rejected," he replied with a sigh.

"You tried to enroll?" I asked and he nodded.

"I failed. Although my father wanted me to be part of that school, I think mas okay na itong buhay ko. I just need a closure and I'll gladly move on with my life. Iyon lang naman ang pakay ko kaya ako gustong sumama," he replied.

"What if you'll be given the opportunity to enroll?" ai asked and he smiled.

"Impossible, but sounds interesting," he replied with a smile, and I noticed that his smile started fade and the surroundings suddenly felt different.

Napatingin ako sa labas and I now notice that the ship began to enter the thick mist. At this point, kinabahan na ako mas lumapit ako kay Kel.

"This is it," I heard him whispered. "Welcome to hell, daredevils," he added and the whole
ship entered the mist.

The ship began to move becauae the waters weren't calm. Kel was good enough to control the ship so we're currently doing fine.

Although the waters were rough, we didn't actually saw any signs of Kraken. Kahit isang tentacle lang, wala talaga kaming nakita kaya nagpatuloy lang si Kel but I noticed that he was being cautious, and he keeps on stirring his wheel as if he was moving away from something. I tried to stare at the waters, but it was hard for me to see kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya para tanongin sana siya kung ano ang iniiwasan niya.