Chapter 12: The Grimoires

Hindi ko alam kung ano bang dapat kong maramdaman na ngayon ay alam na nga ni Cairo. Although he stayed the same, from his treatment towards me to his treatment towards the others. Wala namang nagbago but what he said last night stayed on my mind. Umabot sa punto na nahirapan ako sa pagtulog kagabi. I wonder what he meant about protecting me for years. Ngayon ko lang nga siya nakilala eh.

Naipasa ko ng ang assignment kaya naisipan kong bumalik sa dorm kasi wala rin naman akong magagawa. I wanted to finish my drawing pero pagkapasok ko pa lang sa room namin, I saw Cairo, Evie and Leo discussing something on Cairo's table. Napatigil sila at napatingin sa akin. They didn't relly budge when they saw me, so I assume that I have the right to know what they're talking about too.

I approached them at hindi naman nila ako tinaboy kaya lumapit na lang ako ng tuloyan. Cairo stood up and transfered what he wrote sa bed niya para makita ko. I don't really understand what was that all about kasi maliban sa ang pangit niyang sumulat, hindi ko rin alam kung anong pinag-uusapan nila. The only thing that I'm familiar with was the name Night. Cairo divided the paper into two at nasa right side ang label na 3 years ago.

He wrote down their names along with Farrah, but he marked it with X. I found it normal but as I began to force myself to read what he wrote; I was surprised to see when he drew wrote down our country. I don't even remember that we suffered from war, bakit siya may nilagay na labanan doon? The fact that it was where Farrah died was more surprising.

Nilipat ko ang tingin ko sa left side at doon ko nakita ang isang guhit na tao na may label na Night. He sketched the Dead City and Night was standing there. He marked him red as if he was warning the members.

"He is alive, and he is back," Cairo said and he used his red pen as he pointed at Night. "And I'm sure he will be starting another war," he added at tumango silang dalawa.

"We have to stop him at all costs. Bago pa may madamay na maga inosenteng tao," Evie said. "We can't let him bring Terrax down," she added.

"But we have to go inside the Dead City, right?" I asked and they nodded.

"I wonder what brought him back. We were able to stop his massacre just to unseal his father," Leo said and I saw how his brows furrowed. "Hindi naman siguro umabot sa punto na alam na niya kung paano gisingin si Heka, hindi ba?" he asked at napatingin siya kay Cairo. "There is no way he found out about that, right? Unless someone is spying on our school." he added again.

"Ayokong isipin iyan pero kung may traydor man, alam naman natin kung anong dapat gagawin," sagot ni Cairo.

"We kept that secret for so long for the protection of everyone. Sana naman ay hindi niya nalaman," Evie said. "Once he gets the keys, hindi lang Terrax ang mawawala kung hindi ang buong mundo," she added.

Keys? Do they mean that they knew about the keys to unlock Heka? The keys that were hidden all over the world to stop Heka from resurrecting. The keys that stayed hidden for 20 years. The keys that my people died for. 

"How can we stop him kung alam na niya ang mga susi?" Leo asked.

"Susi." I mumbled at napatingin silang lahat sa akin. "You mean the Grimoires?" I asked at hindi sila sumagot. Leo and Evie looked at me suspiciously as if they regarded me as a traitor.

"I told her about it, don't worry," singit ni Cairo at nagkatinganan kami. Goodness gracious, that saved me. "Anyway, we have to stop him," he changed the topic kaya tumango lang kami.

"How though? Kung alam na niya ang secreto, there is no way we can stop him," Evie replied.

"I talked to Principal about this last night," Cairo said at gumuhit siya ng isang malaking circle. He drew a box in the northern part of the circle, and he drew the next boxes in the eastern, western, and southern part of the circle. Is that why he instructed me to go in alone last night kasi may pupuntahan pa siya?