Chapter 53: Battle within Bloodlines

VERMILLION

"Hinding-hindi ko inaakala na aabot tayo sa ganito," I said as our swords clashed for the nth time. We both gritted our teeth and once again, we both attacked and defended ourselves at the same time, creating a sharp sound each time our swords will meet. Each clash was getting heavier and stronger, and with each clash lingers both of our thoughts and the victory we both wanted.

"Do you even know how I feel? Being the odd sibling?" he asked. "Of course, you don't! You have these white hair and blue eyes just as a Babylonian should always have!" he added, and he unexpectedly gripped harder at umattake siya kaya napaatras ako. We both paused as we locked our eyes on each other. "I'm a Babylonian and I do have white hair but my eyes-" he paused at halata ang galit sa mukha niya. "My eyes are red!!" he shouted as he leaped towards me. I defended myself at tinitigan lang siya.

"Even so," I paused. "But even so, we didn't care!" I shouted. "I didn't care at all!" I added and his eyes widened. I swayed my sword and this time, he defended himself from my attack. "Ito ba talaga ang tanging paraan, Kuya? This path you've chosen leads to destruction. We are siblings, bound by blood, and I won't let you unleash chaos upon the world!" I added.

He forced himself to move forward kaya pilit ko rin siyang pinigilan. Both of us were trembling as we both gave our strength equally to defend ourselves.

"Bound by blood, you say?" he asked. "We don't run the same blood, Vermillion," he added. "And in fact, did you really think I thought of you as my sister?" he asked and that caught me of guard. He deactivated his sword at bigla niyang nahawakan ang hawak kong sandata. As expected of him, having the same abilities I have, he was able to deactivate my sword too. He suddenly extended his hand and was able to grip my neck.

It was too late for me to realize what he had done at ang tanging nagawa ko lang ay ang mahawakan ang kamay niya. He raised me like I'm some kind of doll as his laughter echoed in this abandoned and dead city.

"Oh, you have no idea how much I've suffered because of you and your stupid bloodline!!" he furiously shouted.

"O-O-Our ... bloodline, K-K-Kuya,"sagot ko kahit hirap na hirap na akong huminga. Nabigla ako nang inipit niya pa ang leeg ko kaya napapikit ako. "Kahit ... anong s-s-sasabihin mo, w-we both have the s-s-same-" putol kong sabi kasi mas hinigpitan niya pa ang hawak.

There must be a way out of this.

Minulat ko ang mga mata ko at napatingin ako sa kamay na hinahawakan niya. Right, his arms are made of metal. I hurriedly scratched away the cloth that covered his arm at hinawakan ito. He was surprised at bago pa man ako makagawa ng sandata, he threw me to the side at sumagi ang katawan ko sa mga malalaking walls na sira-sira na. Good thing I was able to notice na may nahulog rin mula sa itaas at nakailag kaagad ako kahit na ay nadapa ako. I tried to catch my breath at napatingin ako sa kaniya.

"You're fxcking persistent, are you?" he coldly said, and I grinned at him habang dahan-dahan akong tumayo at pinahiran ko ang bibig ko kung saan ko napansin na may tumulong dugo.

"So are you," I replied as I touched one of my metals to make another weapon. "We're siblings after all," I added, and he gave me sarcastic smile along with his evil intention that gave off a feeling that he really wants to kill me right now. "I'm going to stop you even if it will end us both. I won't let you sacrifice everything we stand for. We hid the grimoires. We tried to protect our land. We protected our bloodline. I will never allow you to let everything go to waste!" I shouted and I can see how frustrated he is.