My Hero

Short Story
Acadia National Park,Maine

One day on a fun little trip a young woman named Kara Danvers had found out something about herself that she never knew she would find.
It all started when her best friends planned a trip to Acadia National Park.
They were gonna stay in cabins and go swimming and hiking, have a fun little adventure. But things took an unexpected turn when it was getting towards the end of the trip. As Kara had arrived at the cute cabin, taking a deep breath of fresh air, glad to get out of the cramped car, she saw her bestfriends talking amongst themselves. "Probably arguing about what to do first." She thought to herself.
She was just about to walk in the cabin when she heard Lena Luthor, The other woman of the group laugh. She turned to see Lena talking to James Olsen, He was one of the Men from their friend group, Apart from Winn Schott. Anyhow, This laugh was more of a flirty laugh, Kara couldn't help but feel Jealous, But she couldn't understand why.
Her and James had dated for a small amount of time, But they both decided to just stay friends in the end. So why was she Jealous? Kara shook her head and walked into the cabin, Lena coming in a few minutes later, blushing, with a huge grin on her face. "Why so smiley Luthor?" Kara asked her, her tone more harsh than she wanted. Lena, being too giddy to notice, answers in a cheeky tone "James kissed me!" Then Kara felt that pang of Jealousy again, her small smile dropping immediately. "He- He kissed you?"
This time Lena noticed her best friends change in attitude. "Hey, Are you sure you're okay after you guys' breakup?" She asked.
Kara gave her a quick nod before standing, "I'm gonna go take a walk, you can finish unpacking here."
Lena gave her a concerned look, "But it's late out, Are you sure you wanna go alone? At least let me go with you."
Kara chuckled softly at her paranoid bestfriend, one of the many things about her that Kara found adorable, alongside her deep dimples and emerald eyes, that seemed to change color depending on her mood. Lena was truly astounding to Kara.
Lena seemed only to get more worried as Kara stood in deep thought, she didn't know if she'd upset her friend or not. "Kara?" She tried softly, hoping to get the blondes attention.
"Hm?" Kara answered. Suddenly coming back to reality. "Oh yeah, I think I'll just stay here, It's fine."
Lena let out a sigh of relief, glad her friend didn't seem as upset as she thought, She finished unpacking just in time for them to head to bed, If only they knew what would come of them the next day.

Kara, Of course, Was the first one up out of the 2 women. After getting ready for the day, Kara headed out of the cabin to see Winn. He had fallen for her hard a while back, But thankfully they still had an amazing friendship.
"Hey Kara!" Winn said excitedly, "Ready to go hiking up Champlain Mountain?"
Kara laughed at her friend, Knowing how scared he usually was of heights. "You know you can just do something else right? Like take pictures of us when we get to the top." Just as Winn was about to defend himself, James comes out of the guys' cabin and waves at Kara. "Ready for me to beat you up the mountain?" Kara rolls her eyes playfully at the question, "No, Are you?"
James chuckles, Shaking his head at the blonde, She's known for not backing down when it comes to anything competitive.
Not even a few minutes later, Lena comes out and stands right next to James, Giving him a quick good morning kiss on the cheek. This of course bothered Kara, causing her to walk over to Winn, Who was setting up his biking gear. "You know you might need some peanut butter with that jelly sandwich you got going on." Winn said teasingly to Kara, Obviously seeing how Jealous she was.
Kara sighed softly, "I don't even know why I'm jealous, We both agreed to stay friends, I've been fine with it until now." Winn pulled Kara in for a tight hug, completely understanding the blonde's feelings. "Maybe it's just a small moment type of thing, I'm sure it's not a big deal."
As the 2 friends were embracing, Lena was making her way over to them, the sight stopped her. "Winn and Kara?" She thought. "Are they together?" "Is she alright?" "Is it something I did?" All these questions were bomboarding the Brunettes brain until the 2 friends stopped hugging.
"Alright is everyone ready to go?" James asked as he made his way over to the group. All that was heard were muffled yes' as the group started biking to the mountain trail.
As the group were biking they passed beautiful white sand beaches, bright blue waters and smaller mountains covered in fresh green grass, the view was truly amazing. And it only got better as they finally arrived at Mt. Champlain.
The mountain was huge, At the bottom there was a forest of tall trees, next to that was a small trail leading to the water, and at the top of the mountain you could see the difference of the clouds and the color of the sky.
The group of friends were all ready to start hiking, except for Winn. He decided to play it safe and just take pictures of his friends and the sights around him.
So as Kara, Lena and James were climbing up the mountain it was quite awkward. But only to Kara. She was still trying to figure out why she was still so Jealous of the other two being so close. She knew it was bothering her a lot because she noticed that she was climbing a lot farther than the other two. When she looked down she saw the two were lower, but still high enough to say they've made a lot of progress. Another thing she noticed was that the two were playfully bumping shoulders, As she watched them she noticed that they both were starting to lose balance, and not even a minute later she could hear the screams of her two best friends, falling to their doom.

Kara without thinking, Jumped from her much higher spot and at high speed grabbed her best friend, wrapping her arms and legs around them to brace for impact and squeezing them for dear life. She just prayed they wouldn't die from this fall.
Winn, Who caught this all on camera, was in pure shock from what he saw. He immediately ran over to his two best friends, hoping they were at least alive.
Kara opened her eyes, She didn't know how hard she was squeezing them, As she looked up she saw that James had not fallen, He was a big guy, He had kept his balance, He had only screamed out because Lena had fallen. Kara looked over to see Emerald eyes looking down at her, She also saw that she had braced the fall by keeping Lena on top of her.
"Oh my goodness Kara are you alright?" She heard the Brunette ask as she tried to sit up. She had saved Lena. She chose her over James. And then it finally came to her. She wasn't Jealous of Lena, She was Jealous of James. James didn't know Lena like she did, He didn't know how her eyes changed color whenever she was really happy or upset. He didn't know how deep her dimples could get when she smiled hard enough. He didn't deserve to get the first good morning kiss from Lena.  He didn't even try to save Lena, She did. Because it was her Lena. The Lena she wouldn't be able to live without. Her Lena. "Oh my Goodness" Kara thought, "My Lena"
As Kara again was in deep thought, James had made it down the mountain and ran over to Lena, "Oh my God Lena are you okay?"
"Am I Okay?" Lena said, "I've been trying to get Kara to say something for 45 minutes, She's just staring into space, Like she's not even here. Lena's voice started to crack at that last part, Was she going to lose her best friend? Because she was joking around with James? She would never forgive herself if that was the case.
Winn was also in tears, Kara was basically the love of his life, was he really gonna lose her like this? Over a little game?
Kara felt the energy around her and spoke softly, "Okay so I won the climb, Saved a life and Survived a fall, I guess I am the best huh?"
The response got her hugs from each of the friends, But the friend who held her the longest was Lena, She was crying. Her eyes turning a deep blue, Like the water behind them.
"I thought I was gonna lose you" She said, "I thought I was gonna lose the love of my life." This time she said it in just above a whisper.
"Well" Kara said, "I'm never going anywhere"
Lena smiled softly, Those dimples barely showing. "You risked your life to save me, Kara Danvers you're my hero."
Kara smiled brightly, The crinkle right between her forehead and the bridge of her nose showing. "I will always save you Lena Luthor, Always."

Hey quick note, If you read this could you maybe come back and check out the other chapters? Hopefully you won't be disappointed💕