Changes

It had been about 3 weeks since Kara proposed and in those 3 weeks a lot had changed.

Lena bought another building and decided to work there instead, meaning Kara had to stay and lead the other building.

Karas new role caused her to become more mature in the work place, but around Lena that all goes away, most of the time she's still that ray of sunshine that gets butterflies whenever Lena gives her a certain look or calls her a certain name, but other times she's this dominant, aggressive, powerful woman that comes in and takes Lenas breath away, it was like a brand new start.

A few other things that changed was the popularity, business was booming for the new "power couple" they were all over magazines, articles, news channels, it was pretty amazing.

There's more changes that happened but those details are yet to come.
———

"Lena!"

Lena quickly closed her laptop and sat up in her chair, she knew that tone by now, either she was in trouble again or Kara was having a stressful day, she hoped it was the second one but she couldn't really tell until she heard her door being slammed shut.

"Yes Kara?" She asked softly, looking down at her phone instead of up at the blonde.

"I know you hired Adam and all because he's you know, sweet and young or whatever but I don't think moving him to our floor was a good idea, he isn't doing the best in that area and I swear if he spills another cup of coffee on my desk I'm going to fire him!"

"What? Don't fire him Kara just give him another chance, if he screws up again then you can just move him to a different floor."

Kara rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "You say that everyday Lena, I'm tired of second chances , he isn't ready for our floor, so I will be sending him an email later today to let him know that he's gonna be moved back up to his old office."

"But Kara he just got moved to our floor, he's a beginner, you remember how it feels to be a beginner right?"

"Okay but I never spilt coffee on important slides, or accidentally shredded important documents, or brought someone raspberry lemonade instead of strawberry!"

Lena looked up from her phone to examine Karas appearance, she didn't wear a lot of dresses anymore, it was more of button down shirts and tight pants, which Lena wasn't complaining about, her hair was also in a low ponytail and her crinkle was present on her face, as it usually was towards this part of the day.

"You have to calm down on him Kara, he means well, now, is there anything else you wanted to talk to me about?"

"There actually is one thing I wanted to talk to you about, I don't want you to feel pressured or anything, it's just a suggestion."

"Okay, What is it?"

"I think Sam should have my job, seriously, she's been helping me with every decision I make, I don't think I would be able to lead without her, She's amazing at her current job but I feel like she could be doing something better, you said it yourself that she would be just as successful as you one day, why not start that now?"

"Is that really what you want? I mean think about it Kara you'd be losing your place if you give it to Sam, what are you gonna do then?"

"We'd just be switching places I guess, and if I give it to Sam then I can see you more often, I can be stress free, I don't like being the big boss, everyone's scared of me now it's like they don't even remember that I used to be out there with them everyday, it kind of sucks really, I feel like if I do this no one gets hurt, especially because Winn isn't there anymore, he started working at the DEO"