Christmas Eve

Kara woke up early in the morning, earlier than usual actually, she wanted to do everything while Lena was still asleep, first thing on the list was grocery shopping, and the only store open at this time was the one they always went to.

"Nia, hey!"

"Hey Kara, you're here early, and alone?"

"Yeah, Lena was still asleep and I needed to go grocery shopping"

"Oh okay, tell her I said hey"

"Will do"

She grabbed the big cart and began her shopping, grabbing things for dinner and for the house, then she quickly made her way to the store after coming from check out, so far she was on schedule with everything.

"Happy Holidays!"

"Thanks Nia, enjoy your time off!"

She smiled to herself while walking to the car and hastily put the groceries in the trunk, she then got in and began driving home.
———
About an hour after she got home she got started on breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes, hot chocolate and something special that she was going to make her try.

"Good morning sleepy head"

Lena smiled softly and walked into the kitchen, sitting on one of the stools.

"I smelled food"

Kara slid her a plate with one large pancake on it and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"I want you to try something for me okay?"

"Okay?"

Suddenly a pumpkin colored bottle was placed in front of Lena and she gave a confused smile.

"Cold brew"

"Pumpkin spice with oat milk"

"Kara no, I like my regular cold brew, you could've at least gotten me vanilla"

"Come on Lee just try it"

"No"

"Please?"

Lena rolled her eyes and poured a little in her mug and then drank it, her face scrunched up in disgust for a minute before she finally got used to the taste.

"It's ehm, different?"

"I can drink it if you don't like it that much"

"Knock yourself out"

Kara giggled and grabbed the bottle, chugged it as fast as she could and then threw the empty bottle away.

"If you're done with breakfast, you can turn on a Christmas movie so I can get started on dinner for tomorrow"

"I could help you if you'd like"

Kara shook her head, smiling softly at her wife.

"That's okay Lee, I just want you to relax today okay? Can you do that for me?"

"Yes of course I can, what movie would you like me to play?"

"Home alone please"

Lena sat on the couch and turned on the movie, once it started she could hear pots and pans clinking and things being moved around, she knew this Christmas was going to be amazing.
———
After a few hours in the kitchen, Kara had finally finished cooking, and she called Lena over to bake cookies with her.

"I already made the dough, I just want you to place them for me because you're so good at it"

Lena blushed and rolled her eyes at the compliment, she then grabbed an ice cream scooper and placed perfectly round balls of dough on the cookie sheet, flattening them down slightly with the edge of a spoon.