Best Friends

It was Thursday morning and Kara was the first one ready in the morning, as always. She decided she was gonna make pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips, cereal was starting getting boring to her.

Lena on the other hand did not want to go to work today, she was stressed out and she knew that if she went to one more meeting with those sick bastards she was most definitely going to kill someone.

"Ugh!" She groaned out in frustration, pulling the covers off of her body and running a hand through her hair. "Men seriously suck."

She got up out of bed and went to go get ready, She smelled pancakes and smiled at the fact that Kara was cooking again, Even though she usually skipped breakfast anyways, Kara's cooking was always the best.

"I think I'm gonna make a smiley face" Kara giggled, lining up the chocolate chips into a smile and placing bananas on the top for eyes. She flipped the pancaked and did a little victory dance when it came out perfect.

Placing the pancake on Lenas plate she made a few more for herself and then one more for Lena, This one she took her time with, carefully placing the chocolate chips to make a heart, and she was very impressed with the final product.

While she was placing the food she jumped slightly when she felt arms wrap around her waist, and very familiar lips press against her neck.

"Is that heart for me baby?" Lena said softly, kissing Karas neck gently and resting her head in her shoulder.

"Yeah it is, I tried to make it perfect for you, do you like it?" Kara blushed, turning to face Lena after she got done plating.

"I love it baby, you're so sweet." Lena smiled, pecking Karas lips and grabbing the plate, making her way over to the table.

Kara followed behind her and sat down at the table, grabbing the syrup and drowning her pancakes in them. She felt her ears turn red when she saw Lena raise an eyebrow at her.

"Chocolate isn't sweet enough for you?" Lena teased, taking a bite out of her pancake.

"Leave me alone, No one wants dry pancakes" Kara pouted, continuing to drench her pancakes until Lena took the bottle away.

"That's quite enough, You've already used more than half of the bottle." Lena pointed out, taking another bite of her pancake and keeping the bottle away from Kara.

"I would've used it all if it wasn't for you taking it." Kara rolled her eyes, scarfing down one of her pancakes.

Lena laughed softly as she took another bite of her pancake, only being on the first one while Kara was already half done with the second.

She finished her first pancake and then got up to make herself some coffee, chuckling softly when she saw Karas eyes move straight to her legs.

"See something you like baby?" She teased, putting the lid on her coffee cup and tilting her head at the blonde.

Kara only smiled as her face turned red, she quickly went back to finishing her pancakes.

Lena shook her head softly at the blonde, laughing at how shy she could be sometimes. She made her way back to the table with her coffee and pulled out her phone to call her driver.

"I heard you yell this morning, were you okay?" Kara said softly, turning her head to look at Lena.

Lena only nodded as she told her driver to pick her up, only answering correctly when she hung up. "I was just frustrated because I have all this work to do until the end of work on Friday."

"Isn't Friday when you decide if you're going to hire Sam or not?" Kara asked, tilting her head.

Lena nodded again, taking a sip of her coffee. "She hasn't done anything inappropriate so I think I'm going to hire her, she's adapting pretty quickly to the job."