Prologue

Writer's POV.

"Ew, have you seen how skinny she is?" One person says.

"Yeah, she must be anorexic or something, look!" Another person adds.

"Man, her ass is so flat, look how tight that belt is, and she's blick as fuck too!" Another opinionated person chips in.

"Look at her hair! It's so picky!" One person says, snorting with laughter. 

^^ Violet Ankamah

^^ Violet Ankamah

Violet sighs, pulling her hood, further over her head and turns the volume up on her headphones, which are attached to her phone, trying to drown out the whispers from the people around her.

Most of the girls Violet's age had already hit puberty.

They were already dating their crushes and going out in skimpy clothes.

But Violet?

Violet was what you called a 'late bloomer'.

Pun very much intended.

She was rather flat chested and her bum wasn't very big.

At all.

She still had braces, and although her dark skin hardly had any acne, she was made fun of, as she went to a predominantly Asian and white school.

There were a few mixed race kids who were adored, of course, and the tiny percentage of black kids, like Violet, were either extremely popular or shoved to the bottom of the social ladder.

Violet...

Had no friends.

She was a very socially awkward girl, who found it difficult to make friends and her shy nature didn't help either.

Of course, there were a couple of people who acknowledged Violet in the corridors or smiled sympathetically at her from time to time, but there was nobody she could call her friend.

If her parents heard what some of the students were saying, her dad in particular would be furious!

He would tear the school down and choke slam the headteacher too, if it meant that it would stop.

Ah and God forbid any of her older brothers found out!

They would march into the school and beat everybody's asses, charge or not.

But Violet didn't want that kind of attention at all.

She would be labeled as a snitch and the bullying would just get worse, she had seen it happen.

That was the last thing that she needed right now.

School was nearly over and she just had to make it through the last year and it would all end.