Chapter 42

Giveon- Like I want you
***

Orion Miller's POV

"Okay. Mhm. Yes baby girl. I love you too. Say good night to grandma for me okay?" I say to my 7 year old daughter on the phone.

Trinity has just given birth to twins, a boy and a girl and she and Josiah are still in hospital to make sure the tests are as thorough as they can be.

This means that Aaliyah is with Trinity's parents.

Violet has insisted on dropping her off to school though, so that the school bus isn't scheduled.

Aaliyah hangs up the phone, and the next thing on my mind is Violet.

I miss her.

We don't get to talk as much as I'd like to because our schedules are just so heavy.

I pick up my phone and I decide to FaceTime her.

She picks up on the fifth ring and her sleepy face pops up on the screen.

"Baby?" She calls.

My heart skips a couple of times at the sound of her voice.

"Good evening sweetheart" I say gently.

"I miss you" she mumbles, face behind her pillow to hide her embarrassment.

I chuckle softly.

It's so unlike her to be shy at all.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?" She asks, still not looking at me.

I can see her start to get even more flustered as she asks.

I nearly smirk, lowering the tone of my voice, knowing that, she'll properly go into a hyper panic over the sound of my voice after what feels like ages.

"Because I sleep shirtless in bed. You of all people should know that" I say.

Just as I predicted, she hides her face in the pillows some more.

"How are the accounts meetings going?" She asks, changing the subject and allowing herself to calm down.

I nod and get serious.

"They've been making steady progress. I'll hopefully be back right on schedule" I tell her.

She smiles and I can't help but smile back.

I really do love everything about her.

"How'd it go when you went to collect your stuff?" I ask.

She shrugs.

"As well as collecting things from the past can go. But slightly more painful" she says, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"Wanna talk about it?" I ask.

She shrugs.

"It's not too bad. I went there, and by the time I got home, things were a lot clearer for me. I loved him more than he loved me." She says.

The air around us shifts, slightly, signalling that she doesn't want to explain the rest just yet.

"Do you still still think there's a possibility that you or him may be harbouring any more feelings or tension?" I ask.

My heart jumps to my throat.

She looks at me through the camera, her expression disgusted.

"Do penguins fly?" She asks me.