Chapter 47

Slight PSA: 'Blacker Than That' will be in effect towards the end of this book. So to all of you, who are characters, in the book, I've not forgotten about you, don't worry!

Also, I apologise for taking ages to respond...

Your girl got her exam results and grades!

So I've been very busy. Besides that, I've had a lot of stressful stuff going on, so I'm not always on my phone.

Thank you for understanding.

                             ***

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"You nervous?" I ask Orion, seeing him scramble around the kitchen.

He nods.

"Very." He says, grabbing the huge bottle of oil and pouring some of it into a big pot.

He grabs some bowls that are full of risen dough and he smacks them onto the counter, heaving out a sigh from the effort.

"They will love you" I tell him.

"I really pray they do, cause I want to impress them" he says, rewearing an apron.

I chuckle at my boyfriend.

"My parents will be easy to handle. It's my brothers you gotta be careful about." I say.

He bites his lip nervously.

"I know, and I'm shitting myself. I know Khyri. And he knows that I'm with you, but we've not spoken about it properly. But Jayden..." he trails off, and unseals the bowl of dough, grabbing it out of the bowl onto the counter, kneading it and getting flour everywhere.

"Didn't you say he works for the FBI?!" He asks.

I laugh at him.

"Jayden is tough... but once he warms up, he's just a big ole teddy bear" I tell him.

"You sure?" He asks.

"Well I've known him for 32 years" I remind him.

He grins.

"Yeah I guess so" he responds, grabbing chunks of dough and then rolling them in his hands to make balls.

"That smells good, what are you making?" I ask.

He smiles all big at me.

"Puff puff!" He announces.

I giggle.

"It smells a little different from normal puff puff" I say curiously.

"That will make sense later, I promise" he says.

"Can I help?" I ask.

"No. You just came back from work" he says.

I pout.

"So? And I got back a couple of hours ago!" I respond.

"So, you need to relax. I'll take care of it." He says.

"Go get changed, and then you can come keep me some company" he tells me.

"You like telling me what to do, Miller?" I ask, trying not to flush and get flustered at his tone of voice.

He grins.

"Go get changed" he says, not answering my question.

I smile and I walk past him, to get to the door.