Chapter 35

This one is for asiyaPRINCESS who was great to work with! I hope you like your character, hun.
***

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Yes I do, you uncultured swine!" I retort against Orion, who is sitting behind me.

He laughs at me.

"I promise you baby, you don't have to baby." He says softly from behind me, with a chuckle.

I sigh.

"Orion, what kind of heathen shows up to a significant other's parent's house empty handed?"

I ask, washing up a bowl.

I put the last one down to drain and he looks up from his phone at me as I turn around.

"We could have just bought something from the store in the morning, you know?" He says.

I beckon him over with my finger, ignoring his ridiculous suggestion.

"C'mere. I need help with the icing" I tell him.

He sighs and walks over.

"You haven't even taken them out to cool yet!" He says.

As if on cue, the timer 'dings' signalling that I need to take the cupcakes out the oven.

I give him a smug look and he pouts like a kid.

I turn away from him and I bend, so that I can take the cakes out.

I can feel his eyes on my ass, as I do so.

I take the tray out and I put it on a cooler.

"Can you pass me the icing sugar please?" I ask, pointing to the top shelf of a cabinet in front of me.

It's too high up for me to reach.

He nods and walks up behind me to grab it.

I start to move out the way, but a firm hand to my hip stops me short.

"Don't you want me to move out the way?" I ask, watching as he grabs the bag of sugar from above me, his hips against mine.

He kisses my ear and gives it to me.

"Here" he mutters, kissing my ear again.

And then my neck.

"Thank you" I say, meekly to him.

"Mhm" he responds, moving away from me, making me suddenly feel cold.

I get the rest of the stuff and I start to make the icing, while he takes the cupcakes out of the tins and puts them on the rack.

The mixture starts to thicken, and I get to work on piping them onto and into the red velvet cupcakes.

Orion helps.

***

"Nah, I win!" I say, to a smirking Orion.

Both of us are covered in icing sugar and butter.

We had a contest to see who could make the icing sugar and decorate more of the cupcakes, with the quickest speed.

"See that's bullshit" he says with a proud grin.

I shake my head at my competitive boyfriend.

He kisses my forehead.

"You've got it all in your hair" he chuckles, pulling some of the dried icing off my hair.