Epilogue

Writer's POV.

"Baby, I'm fine, I promise!" Violet says, raising her hand to signal the waiter.

He takes their orders for food, and after saying thank you, Violet seems to drift off and space out.

"You still nervous, doc?" Orion asks, His new wife.

Their wedding day was grand, but intimate. They had a traditional Ghanaian wedding and their wedding night was something to remember!

They both slept in the day after, exhausted for more reasons than one.

Violet looks up at him.

"Hey, I might be Mrs Miller, casually but I'm still Doctor Ankamah at work you know that?" She reminds him.

He laughs at her softly.

"And  of course I'm nervous!" We signed the adoption papers just two days ago! What if they don't approve us as parents?!" She asks him.

He smiles at her and leans over to kiss her, rubbing her back.

"Baby, you've been a wonderful step mom to Aaliyah. The court knows our history and once we get back, our new son is going to love us. Okay?" He asks.

Violet smiles at him.

"You're absolutely right. We'll be fine." She agrees.

He pulls her closer to him and kisses her deeply.

"And as for right now... I'd like to enjoy my honeymoon with my new wife. It's not every day you get to be in the Mauritius you know" he says softly.

She wraps her arms around his neck, nodding then kissing his jaw. Then his neck.

He grins and then, looks straight into her eyes.

Then at her growing belly.

He rubs it gently, his wedding band glinting in the sunlight.

"I know it's still the early stages. And the treatment is new... but I can't wait for baby Miller to get here either" he says into her ear.

She smiles even wider, placing her hand on top of his.

She feels herself getting emotional.

"I never thought this would be me. I'm... we're having a kid!" She sniffles.

Orion wipes her face with his thumbs, feeling emotional himself.

"We're about to have a great big family. Me you, Aaliyah, our new kid and the one growing now." He says.

She smiles again and just as she does, the food arrives.

She couldn't ask for more.
^^^

Doctor Violet Ankamah (Miller)'s POV.

"Orion, I am going to kill you!" groan at my husband.

Having done this before, Orion just takes it easy, holding my hand and stroking my hair, speaking gently.

I don't deserve the man.

"Ahhh it hurts!" I yell.

Now how did I manage to allow this man to convince me to have a baby?!

Well the first few weeks of our honeymoon, makes the answer very clear...

"Okay, Doctor... I know you're in pain. But I'm going to need you to push!" The midwife declares.

"Owww!" I yell.

I grip Orion's hand like he'll disappear, pain hitting me all over, tears in my eyes.