Chapter 1

*17 years later.*

Violet Ankamah's POV.

^^ Dr Violet Ankamah

"Doctor Ankamah! We have a patient in critical condition on the second floor, who's just got in from a car accident!" A panicked voice calls.

I look up from my paperwork, to see a panicking nurse covered in scrubs, with a look of pure terror in her eyes.

Neevah.

She's new to the team.

She was tagged in after a junior doctor dropped out.

He couldn't hack it.

"Tell the doctors on hand to be prepared immediately for surgery. I want statistics on the patient immediately and I want him on a table as soon as possible." I say calmly.

I nearly roll my eyes.

My personal assistant, Kayla, has been taking a lot of sick days recently and it is starting to get tiresome.

This means that a lot of the high-risk surgeries are getting to me later than usual, because the poor junior doctors were literally running from the first or second floor to the 6th floor to come and find me!

Neevah nods, composing herself at the sound of my voice.

I give her a soft smile.

"I know you're panicking, but we're a team. We will do everything we can, Neevah. Now get going. Page Doctor Milan too" I tell her, standing up.

She nods quickly and rushes out of my office.

I quickly remove my blazer and walk into the adjoining bathroom, changing into a surgeon's scrubs, placing my cornrowed hair in a medical cap ready to go.

I briskly walk to the elevator, pressing the button, and stepping inside once it opens.

On the way down to the second floor, I say a quick prayer, as I usually do before a surgery.

The doors open up to the second floor, and yet again, I walk briskly to the operating room.

I walk inside and I am immediately met with a team of nurses, ready to mask me up and help me tighten my scrubs.

As they do this, a junior doctor approaches me, clipboard in hand.

"Talk to me, doctor. What's going on?" I ask calmly.

"Er, we have a 17-year-old Caucasian male, who has been involved in a minor car accident, and came in with several cuts on the side of his body, a cut on the side of his temple and he has been completely unresponsive for 10 minutes since his arrival" the doctor rambles out quickly, as I wash my hands thoroughly, all the way up to my elbows, rinsing off and wearing a pair of gloves."Good. Now have you cleaned up the surrounding wound areas? No glass, metal, or plastic?" I asked.