Chapter 44

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Vi, you've been here for five minutes. You can definitely do this." Doctor Sheikh tells me.

I look up at my old mentor and he gives me a kind smile.

We are currently at the Hospital's yearly charity gala and so far things are going well.

Te'Ariya is here with Khyri, since he was part of the architecture and construction aspect of the newer parts of the hospital.

Kea-Fatima and Doctor Yuseff are here, getting 'discretely' cozy with one another as usual.

And Jayden is even here as part of security.

"I'll be fine. But you know I hate these things." I tell him.

He's about to lecture me, when Genesis, my assistant appears, tapping me on the shoulder.

"Doctor Ankamah" she greets.

I smile at her.

She looks stunning!

^^ Genesis outfit.

"Genesis. You look wonderful!" I tell her with a smile, making her flush.

She puts her hands in the pockets.

"It has pockets!" She says excitedly, making me chuckle.

She is adorable!

Her enthusiasm reminds me of one of my closest friends, when I was a junior doctor.

She's now doing surgeries abroad for celebrities.

"That's... practical" I respond, smothering a chuckle.

Just as I say this, a very tall, East Asian man approaches us, two champagne glasses in hand.

^^ Christian Tenkei

^^ Christian Tenkei.

He gives one to Genesis and then kisses her ear.

She takes it and he immediately moves his free hand to sit possessively on her backside.