Chapter 38

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Orion, I can't do this" I whisper, feeling panic rise in my throat.

We are standing in front of my old high school, which has a reunion banner at the very front.

The car park is full of different cars and the sound of music and laughing can be heard from the outside.

It's the early evening, because school was in session before hand.

I clutch my boyfriend's hand harder.

He doesn't even wince.

He looks down at me and turns me to face him, holding my jaw up to look me in the eyes.

"Do you want to go home?" He asks me gently.

I shake my head.

He leans forwards and kisses my forehead.

"I'm serious. We don't have to go if you don't want to. I have a pizza, all the crap we can eat and a shit tonne of blankets with your name on it" he says, cracking a joke, with that soft grin I'm starting to love.

I can't help but smile.

"I'm fine. I can do this" I say.

He raises my hand to his lips and kisses my knuckles.

"You look really good, might I add" he says, as we walk into the doors.

I feel my face heat up.

I can feel his eyes on my body.

^^ Violet's fit.

"When I tried it in the store, you said you didn't like it!" I remind him, with a giggle.

He slips the flat of his hand into my back pocket and he squeezes, making my eyes widen at just how thin the material is.

He smirks in response.

"I changed my mind" he shrugs.

"Mhm" I respond, walking in front of him as I lead him through the corridors towards the main cafeteria.

He grabs the back of my belt, yanking me back towards him.

"Leaving me?" He teases.

I smack his arms playfully.

"Behave yourself! Don't you know that just as I stepped out of high school, you stepped in? You better show some respect for your senior" I tease.

He bites my earlobe, making me buckle, and my threat meaningless.

"Yet I'm the one whose taught you so much" he retorts, tugging.

"Yeah? Like what?" I ask.

I look around us.