Chapter 6

Violet Ankamah's POV

"And with that, I would like to conclude today's meeting. Thank you gentlemen. Please fee l free to make use of the hospital's café area before you leave, and if you have any further questions, you can address them to me through the business cards at the front of this section in the reception area. You are all dismissed." I say to the group in front of me.

I start to pack my things away, as the others do the same, avoiding eye-contact with my ex-fiancé. I signal Kayla, who immediately follows me, and we step out of the room.

Zahair was staring at me for the entire meeting, scowling every time Orion spoke up.

I did my best too ignore him, but it is difficult to ignore the man you've been seeing for so many years.

Even if he is a cheating bastard.

Kayla and I, walk in silence to my office and I unlock the door, calmly stepping inside.

"I promise you, I had no idea. I would have told-" Kayla starts to ramble, as soon as the door is closed.

"Kayla!" I cut in.

I rub my temples, grinding my teeth in annoyance.

She stops babbling and she looks at me, tears in her eyes, making me wince in annoyance.

What a cry-baby.

I sigh and I force myself to calm down.

"Miss Thomàs, you have a job" I tell her, making my fingers a steeple under my chin, like I usually do, when I feel annoyed, curious or tired.

Kayla gulps.

"Next time, do that job, and keep me informed about people in my meetings, so that I'm not completely thrown off and made to look like an idiot, okay?" I tell her.

She nods, rapidly and she is about to say something else, when there is a knock at the door.

We both look at the door.

"Come in" I say, wondering who could be at the door.

I don't have any more scheduled surgeries until tomorrow. I made sure of it, by looking at all of the surgery prospects earlier.

The door opens and a man walks in.

Zahair.

I roll my eyes and Kayla lets out a small squeak.

"Get out" I say to him, hardly changing my expression.

"No, Vi. I- we need to talk. Now" he says, straightening his back and looking me dead in the eyes.

I chuckle.

What does he think this is?

This is my playing field.

And he has decided to play in my game?

Fine.

"Miss Thomás. Call security and let them know that I have a man in here refusing to leave. Once you have done that, then call the company that Mr Darren works with and have them aware of his behavior, informing them that this could become a matter of law and easily flipped for a court case. That is all" I tell her.

Kayla's mouth drops open at my cold behavior towards my ex.

Fear suddenly lights up on Zahair's face and I nearly smirk.

Kayla moves towards the door and Zahair speaks up.

"Violet, please. All I want is 10 minutes of your time" he says, his face falling and his expression going doe-eyed, causing my heart to start pounding in my chest.