Chapter 34

Shoutout to
@smk_saskia and @lenabena0312 who were the most accurate in the last chapter for the question I asked at the very end!
***

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Orion, you're the worst!" I cackle, laying on the couch, holding my stomach while dying of laughter.

Orion sits on the floor next to me, eyes watering and unable to breathe and unable to finish the joke.

We calm down, make eye contact...

And then start creasing up again.

Halfway through laughing, he manages to let out the words...

"Baby girl" in a shocking Italian accent and I laugh harder.

After it was suggested to us by Orion's sister, we watched a recently very popular movie together on Netflix.

I liked some parts more than others, but Orion thought that it was corny and the plot was ridiculous.

The highlight for him though, the silver lining if you will, was the first encounter between the love interests, and he's been making jokes about it to make me feel better all afternoon.

I'm in the last and finally the end I stages of a fever which has been diagnosed by the other doctors as too much stress.

They in turn insisted that I stay home for a couple of days, so that I don't pass out and endanger and patients or staff.

As soon as he heard I wasn't feeling well, Orion has been here every night after work armed with snacks and a list of movies and tv shows to watch.

He gets up and mutters that's he needs to go to the bathroom, clutching his stomach and rubbing his face.

I nod, my face and my stomach also hurting from laughing so hard.

While he's gone, I compose myself and I go to the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine and yet another of the large tubs of ice cream he bought, grabbing two clean spoons.

I go back into the living room and I see that he has left his phone on the couch.

It buzzes.

I ignore it.

That's none of my business.

It buzzes again.

I ignore it.

The phone starts ringing.

I peek at the screen.

'Asiaya'

"Orion, your phone is ringing!" I yell.

"Pick it up! I'm looking for one something!" He responds.

My eyebrows raise in surprise.

Zahair would never!

I pick up his phone and hold it to my ear.

Before I can speak someone talks.

"Boy, do you not see me messaging you?! I swear to God if you're not sticking to the plan I'll kill you myse- -"

"Hello?" I cut in.

The person gasps.

"I'm going to assume that your name is not Orion?" The woman asks sheepishly.

I shake my head as if she can see me.

"I'm Violet.. A friend of his." I respond, not knowing if he's told anyone about me.