Chapter 51

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Fido, no!" I hear my boyfriend yell as he slips and falls with a thud.

I spin around, looking up from the documents that I'm working on, and Fido has just run into the living room, sopping wet, barking happily.

I look to the door of the kitchen and I see Orion flat on his ass with soap up to his elbows and a pout on his face.

I suppress a laugh and he looks at me.

He stands up, walks up to me and leans down putting his head on my shoulder.

"I'm trying to give him a bath and he doesn't wanna" he says into my shoulder.

I stroke the back of his neck.

"Baby, don't worry, I'll help" I tell him.

He looks at me.

"Please" he responds.

I nod and I pull away, pursing my lips and giving out a short, high pitched whistle.

Fido stops chasing his tail like a mad dog and he skips up to me, wagging his tail.

I lean down and I pick him up and he reaches up to lick me.

I chuckle and hold him away from my face.

No matter how much I love my dog, he is not licking my face.

I'm a Doctor. I know better.

I take my dog to his dog bath and I place him in it, picking up the small pail and pouring the water over him.

He starts to wriggle about, but immediately stops, when I start to him a familiar song to him.

Orion sits next to me, watching me wash him.

I glance at him and he looks awestruck.

I turn away, flushing.

I continue to scrub my dog, cleaning his fur with the soap.

Orion places his chin on my shoulder and hums the song along with me.

My chest starts to flutter.

His voice is low.

And almost right in my ear.

But it's melodic.

"You can sing" I state softly, as I start to rinse Fido off.

I feel his face next to my neck, getting warm.

"Yeah my momma put me in a boy's choir back a day" he mumbles, feeling shy.

"Yeah? You should sing for me sometime" I say, half teasing, half serious.

He flusters a bit more.

"Once you've dried him off, do you want to start getting ready for Kea's engagement meal tonight?" He asks, changing the subject.

I nod and I take Fido out the dog basin, grabbing his towel of a radiator and I wrap him in it, rubbing until he's all nice and dry.

I then let him loose to go and tire himself out before bedtime.

Once I clean my arms off, I grab Orion's arm.

"Wanna help me with something?" I ask.

"Anything" he responds.

"I've not even told you what it is yet" I remind him with a chuckle.

He shrugs.

"When I start caring, I'll let you know." He says with a grin.