Chapter 29

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Are you sure you're okay?" One of the boys asks again.

I smile at him bravely.

"Yes, of course hun. I've let it all out now, so I can relax" I say.

One of the younger boys holds my hand.

"What about him? What's going to happen? Are you going to talk to him?" He asks, looking into my eyes.

I was constantly teaching all of them, that talking things out with people is always the best way of doing things.

I nod.

"Yes. We're going to talk." I say.

"Do you need us to back you up? We can take him, if it gets too rough! You always took care of bullies for us!" One of the boys exclaims, and the others murmur in agreement.

I chuckle at their readiness to defend me and I squeeze his hand gently.

"Don't worry about me, boys. I've got this. 100%. And don't do anything stupid either. He has a daughter at home, so don't jump him or hurt him at all. " I assure and warn them.

They all groan in anticipation and after some time, they slowly disperse, all of them hugging me goodbye.

I say goodbye to Tommy, and I step outside to see Michael waiting for me.

"You look like shit" I comment.

He nods.

"I deserve it" he says, sullenly.

"Violet, I know that sorry is not going to cut it. So I have a proposal. A deal" he says.

I look at him.

"Are you in any position to make deals with me?" I ask him.

"Just hear me out. Please" he says.

I nod.

"I'm hungry though" I shrug.

I spot a chicken shop and I walk towards it, not waiting on him to follow.

I step inside, and make my order.

The man inside knows me personally and he lets me have the food on the house.

Ah the perks of being known everywhere.

He looks at Michael.

"Boyfriend?" He asks.

I grin.

"Nah, I've already got one of those" I say, my mind immediately shifting to Orion, making me flush.

"You should bring him over! Give me good business!" He says and I laugh with him.

"I'll keep that in mind." I say.

He gives me my food, and I sit down.

Michael sits opposite.

"What is this deal?" I ask, tucking into my food.

"You may be aware. But our high school is having a reunion. It's been nearly 18 years since we left, and they want to see how we're all doing" he says.

My heart thuds in my chest.

Go back to school?!

That nightmare?!

"What do you want me to do with that information?" I ask him.

"I want you to come along. That's all I ask. You can even bring someone with you!" He says.