Chapter 54

Okay, let me give you all a trigger warning!

This chapter contains scenes of domestic violence, pathological lying and some scenes may be upsetting for some of you!

If you think you won't be able to sit through it, please hold tight until the next one.

And if you can sit through it, be sure to comment and vote, it means a lot to me.

Thank you.
^^^

Violet Ankamah's POV.

"Trin are you sure you wanna do this?" I ask Trinity skeptically.

She nods, stiffly and I stare at her for a minute, contemplating whether we should go through with this or not.

Trinity and I are currently outside of Aaliyah's school, in the parking lot.

It's the end of a school day, so we are going to try and find her to talk to her.

Trinity looks angry, but she also looks like she's going to be sick.

"I'm fine, Vi. I'm just a little nervous" she admits.

I rub her shoulder.

"Trin we're just gonna talk to her and make sure that she's not in danger and her class, Aaliyah included isn't in any danger." I say.

She nods, steeling her resolve.

We get out of the car and we go to the front office.

When we get there, the lady at the door gives us a warm smile.

"Hey, Mrs Chu and Miss..." she trails off and I smile in response.

"Doctor Ankamah. I'm Aaliyah's step mom" I say.

She smiles, looking between us.

"How can I help you ladies?" She asks.

"Is a Miss Cory available time talk to us?" Trinity asks.

"We'd like you talk to her concerning Aaliyah" she says.

The receptionist nods and types in an email.

"She'll be down in a minute" she smiles, pointing us to a waiting area.

We sit and after a couple of minutes a young woman is walking towards us and I recognise her immediately as Aaliyah's teacher.

^^ Bailey Cory

^^ Bailey Cory.

My heart immediately drops, but I maintain the smile.

If there is one thing I've learned from being a high ranking doctor and the kid of a formerly high ranking military officer, it's how to maintain an Oscar worthy smile.

The woman is beautiful!

But her face is covered in badly hidden bruises and she looks tired.

She sticks out her hand to Trinity, then me.