12

"I'm sweaty and tired." Jungkook complains while on the phone with Taehyung, walking to the bus stop.

"That's why I didn't join the dance team, I don't like being sweaty, only if it's after sex." Taehyung casually says on the other side, unaware of the bright colour now tainting the alpha's cheeks.

"Have you ever been with an alpha? An omega like you should have no trouble finding one." He asks, before blushing even more. "I-I mean romantically not in the bedroom."

A light laugh comes through the phone, filling his chest with warmth. God he likes the sound of that soft but genuine little laugh.

"No, just beta's, alpha's usually run really fast in the opposite direction when they get to know me."

Jungkook doesn't miss the bitter undertone in the elder's voice.

"They're all too scared of my independence you know. I don't need a big bad alpha to fight for me, I fight for myself and I provide for myself. I will never let an alpha have all the power over me." The omga spits. "I might be labelled omega and yes my body is living up to that but my spirit is an alpha. I will never bow down simply because someone's an alpha, I'll let them bow down to me."

Within the anger there's determination. And for a second Jungkook feels like their kids again and he's looking up at his best friend with admiration. Because Taehyung doesn't back down when life gets hard, no he fights with all he has.

And that's why he was supposed to be an alpha.

"You're still bad ass Tae." He says only for the elder to be silent for a second.

"Wow. It's so long ago that you called me Tae, I used to call you Kookie and you hated it because it wasn't 'alpha' enough." He sighs. "You were such an idiot back then. In fact you still are an idiot."

Jungkook feels his wolf protest but pushes it down.

"Yeah a certain omega keeps reminding me, but it's unfair you're biased because you knew what a dumb kid I was." He says only for Taehyung to laugh.

"You really were, remember that time we had snuck out and when we tried getting back in you screamed because you though the 'woods monster' was going to get us. Your mom came racing downstairs and I thought she was going to explode with anger. God that was terrifying."

He shakes his head a little. "Yeah those really were the good old days, I miss being dumb in the woods at night."

"We can go camping sometime, ask the boys to come along. Maybe Jin will come, but I heard he has a kid so I'm not sure if he can come." The omega says.

"Yes I heard the same, makes me wonder how and with who he's got a kid." He mutters before shaking his head. "It's cool with me but I'll have to work really hard before it then because missing two days which I could spend making home work is a disaster."

"Yeah I'll text the others, you go and ask Jimin to come yeah?"

"Sure I'll do that when I get home." He says before pausing to look at his surroundings. He walked way past the bus stop, in fact he's halfway home already.

"I have some camping supplies at home, do you have any?"

"Uh— no? But I'm sure I can crash in Jimin's tent if he has one." He mumbles before realising he really did walk all this way to be on the phone longer.

"Or you can crash with me, like the good old days." Taehyung says but Jungkook is too distracted to notice the hopeful way the question is asked.

"Yeah sure." He says before Taehyung sighs. "I gotta go, Hobi's here."

"Yeah, yeah bye." Jungkook hangs up the phone before realisation hits him.

He's sharing a tent with omega Taehyung.