Chapter 9

When Regina and I wake up the next morning we hold each other and share a few kisses.  "Did you sleep well dear?"   "I always sleep great when I'm holding you.  How did you sleep?"   "I think I had the best sleep I've hand in over a week. It's kind of funny, after yesterday's reading of the will I finally felt like I had some closure as far as my mother is concerned. She knows I want nothing to do with her and I actually no longer need to. Thank you for being with me through this Emma. I really needed you and it was nice not to be alone".  I give her a kiss. "There is no other place I would rather be than by your side Regina".  She gives me a smile and a kiss. "I'm actually starving Emma. How about I make us a nice big breakfast?"   "That sounds absolutely wonderful. I could use a big breakfast myself. Thanks".  We kiss once more and then we go to do the bathroom stuff and head downstairs to the kitchen. I set the table and got the drinks for us. Regina made us an incredible breakfast. There was everything you could think of. There were scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, sausage patties, delicious home fries and even French toast. We both ate everything she made. "Damn Regina. Wow. This has been incredible. I can't remember the last time I had such a delicious breakfast".   "Does that included breakfast at Granny's?"   "Please don't tell Granny but this was way better than anything I've had at Granny's. If I wasn't so full I'd ask for seconds".   Regina laughs and leans in to kiss me.  "I'm glad you liked it my dear. Let's clean up now shall we?"  I nod and we start to clean the kitchen along with the dishes and the pans. When we finish we take a seat on the living room couch and hold hands. "So what should we do today dear?"    "The only thing I can think of right now is that we should take a nice long nap after that incredible breakfast".   Regina laughs and put her head on my shoulder. "Actually I do like the idea of a nap".  We both get up from the couch and go to start walking up the stairs when the door bell rings.  "Oh god please don't let that be my mother. I really don't want to deal with her anymore".   "Well there is only one way to find out".  We both walk to the door and she opens it. It's a mail carrier with a certified letter for Regina. She signed for it and he walked away as she closed the door. We stand in the foyer and she opens the letter. She reads it to herself and begins to cry. "Regina what is it".   "This is from Storybrooke high school. It appears that I've been fired and I may have charges against me for dating a student".   "What?  Does it say who the student is?"   She cries as she nods. "What does it say Regina?"   She walks away from me and into her library. It's only 11 am but she pours herself a drink. "Please tell me what's going on Regina".   "Apparently they know that we are in an relationship".    "Yeah but we didn't start this relationship till like 2 days ago. Nothing ever went on while you were my teacher at school. Why is this a problem now?  I'm over 18".  Regina thinks for a moment and then starts laughing. "There is only one person who could have started all this. My so called loving mother, but unfortunately I can't prove it, not yet".   I feel so bad. I hate causing hurt to anyone, especially someone I care for.  "Damn Regina. I'm so sorry. Would your mother actually do something like this to you?"   "This has my mother written all over it. I should call my lawyer".  "Ok. I'll give you some time to talk in private. I'll be in the living room if you need anything".  "Ok dear thank you".  About an hour later Regina walks into the living room and sits next to me. "How was the call with your lawyer?"   "I wish I could say it went well but unfortunately it wasn't. I started off by tell him about the certified letter I received. He said he would make a few calls to see if mother was behind this and he would also call the school to see what is going on".   "I'm really sorry all of this happened because of me Regina".   "It's not your fault Emma. I know it's my mother".   "Yeah but if I was anyone else besides a past student of yours then she probably wouldn't have done this".   "Believe me Emma she would find some way to get back at me".   "What the hell is her deal?"   "I wish I could answer that. She's always been so difficult. I don't think she has an ability to love. It's all about money with her. It always has and it always will. Maybe it's because she grew up poor. I don't know".   "So did I but I don't spend my day trying to hurt people, especially the ones I really care for".   "That's the difference between you and my mother. You have a heart Emma. You care. Even after the way you grew up with practically no love, you are still able to give and receive love".  She leans in to give me a kiss then lays her head on my shoulder. I put my arms around her and hold her close. I kiss the top of her head. "Regina I do feel so much for you. I love being with you. I'm just sorry that your mother is putting you through this. It hurts me and scares me at the same time".  She looks up at me and asks.  "Why does it scare you?"   "Well in all honesty if this really was all your mothers doing because I was once your student I would feel horrible and I would be wondering when you would say that's enough and send me away".  She sits up and looks at me. "You really think I would do that to you?"    "No, but it's in my head. It's not you I swear. It's the way I was raised. I was in so many group homes and I lost track after my 9th foster home that I have no idea how many I've been in. I was always sent back for god knows why. I always wanted to know why I was never good enough. I always wondered why they couldn't find a reason to love me".   She kisses me.  "Emma I'm so sorry you went through all that. No one should have to live like that".   "And no one should have to live like you have either Regina. So what do we do now?"   "We just take this one day at a time I guess".  I hold her in my arms for a little while longer and then I ask. "What does your lawyer say to do?"  She lets out a sigh and sits up. "He also told me that since you've been out of school for a few months and started to basically home school that things should be ok until I told him that I've been tutor and then he was quite for a moment and said because I'm still a teacher you could still be considered my student".   "Damn it Regina. I'm sorry. If I knew this was gonna happen I never would've agreed to you tutoring me".    "Well there is nothing we can do about it now so let's just try to move on and see what happens next".   "Regina how can you be so casual about this?  This could mean your career am I actually worth all that?"  She leans in to kiss me.  "Oh Emma I wish you could see just how much your worth".   I just shrug my shoulders. I think to myself am I actually worth it, do I have what it takes to make Regina happy?  "Emma my love please get those negative thoughts out of your head".  I chuckle a bit. "How did you know what I was thinking?"    "I guess because I would be thinking the same about myself".  We just hold each other and then Regina says. "Can we go take our nap now my love?"   "I would definitely like that. Should we go upstairs?"   She laughs a little and says. "Yeas dear unless you'd like to sleep here on this small couch?"   "No. I think upstairs would be fine". We kiss and then head upstairs. Since we're still in our pajamas we just get right in bed and snuggle together and fall asleep.