Chapter 53

Zelena starts walking down the stairs so Regina and I stand up and stretch a bit. "Good morning girls. I hope you both were able to sleep well last night".   My sister in law seems to be in a good mood. She must be in denial of what happened last night.  Regina speaks first. "It was an ok night Zelena. How about yourself?"   "I slept wonderful thank you. Where is my gorgeous nephew?"   "He's in the living room".  She nods and walks in to see my son.  "I'm going upstairs Regina. I'll see you later".   "Emma wait. Please don't go. Let's go in and talk to Zelena about last night".   "I will go hear what she has to say but I will not argue in front of our son".  She nods and we go into the living room and have a seat.  "Zelena. Emma and I wanted to talk to you about last night".   As shes holding our son and smiling she says.  "Ok dears what do you want to talk about?"   "We all the know the truth now that Emma didn't go looking for you at the restaurant, so how did you know she was there?"   "I overheard the hostess ask a busboy to go check on the Swan-Mills togo order. So I asked her if a blonde was picking up that order. She said yes and I went to tell her off".   "So you just accused her without knowing anything and you called me because you knew I'd be upset".  "I'm sorry about that. I really thought she was there to bother me and try to ruin my date".  I just sit there listening to everything because I'm just tired of all of this and I just want it over with.  "I am sorry Emma".  "Ok. Thank you".  Lucas wakes up and is a little cranky so I get up and take him from Zelena. "I'll take him Z".  I take my son from her and ask Regina.  "Could you please make him a bottle while I take him upstairs and change him?"   "Of course dear. I'll be right up".  "Thank you". I leave the room and take my son upstairs. I changed his diaper and talked to him till Regina brought his bottle up. "You know kid you are so loved by everyone that knows you and trust me that is not something that should be taken lightly. When I was little I never had a home or a family but now I do and it's all because of you and mommy".  I look up and see Regina standing in the doorway with his bottle.  "I'm sorry dear I didn't mean to listen in I just didn't want to interrupt".  "It's fine. I'll take the bottle and feed him so you can spend some more time with your sister". I reach my hand out to take the bottle and she hands it to me. "I can stay here with you both if you'd like".   "I'll be ok Regina. Go have breakfast or something with Zelena".  "Would you like me to make you some breakfast my love?"   "No thank you. I'm not really hungry".  "Your still upset and that's why you don't want to eat right?"  I just shrug as I sit down and feed my son.  "Ok then Emma I'll let you be alone with our son. If you do need or want anything, I hope that you would please let me know if I can help at all".  I give her a small smile and nod. She smiles back and leaves the room.  I finish feeding Lucas and he's fast asleep so I lay him down in his crib and just by habit I go into mine and Regina's bedroom and get in bed. I barely slept last night so I fell asleep quickly.  A while later I hear my son crying through the baby monitor so I get up and go to get him but Regina is already there holding him.  "Oh. I'm sorry. I thought he was alone. I'll leave you to take care of him now".  I turn to leave but Regina stops me. "Emma wait. Please".  I turn around. "I know it'll take some time but we need to try to at least be in the same room again".  "I know but it's just hard Regina. How do we get back to where we once were?"   "Do you love me Emma?"   "You know I do Regina".  "Then how do we get back?  Please Emma I'll do anything".  "Why did you believe your sister and not me?"   "You are always trying to mess with my sister for the fun of it and after I got her call I believed that you really did go looking for her and I just couldn't see things any other way. I'm sorry".  "And now that you know the truth what do you think?"   "I think I've been wrong. So very wrong and I can't tell you enough how sorry I am about all this".  I walk up to her and our son. "I guess I'm just as much to blame in all this. I like to try and joke around so I guess I can see why you thought I could break a promise to you. So if you can forgive me I'll forgive you".  She has the biggest smile on her face. "Oh my love really?"   "Yes babe. I forgive you. I love you so much and we have a baby that we need to take of so I'd like to move on from this. I missed you sleeping next to me last night and I hate feeling like I have to tiptoe around you. I want this over. I want us to be us again. Please tell me you want that too?"   She leans in and kisses me with our son in her arms and says. "Oh yes Emma. I want that more than anything".   We kiss again and we hold each other close with our son in her arms. We stay that way for a very short time till we hear a knock at the door. We both turn and it's Zelena.  "Hey. Sorry to bother you both but I just wanted to let you know that I'll be leaving for the airport in about an hour".   "Zelena why are you leaving?  I thought you were here for at least the rest of the week?"   "Well I was but I got an email from one of my head designers that he's sick and now I need to go home to make sure that we have everything on schedule for our next fashion show. I'm just going to go start packing".  She walks away and Regina looks at me. "You know why she's leaving right?"   "I have a pretty good idea".  "I should go talk to her".  I nod and take Lucas from her and she leaves the nursery.

Regina's POV

I knock on my sisters bedroom door and I hear. "Come in".  I open the door and walk in. I watch my sister pack and I say. "You know you don't have to leave right? Emma and I made up and we aren't mad about anything. So why are you leaving?"   "I told you Regina. My head designer is sick. I have a show coming up and I need to be ready".   "I wish you didn't have to go".   "Me too sis but a lot needs to be done and I don't have a lot of time to do it".   "So your not leaving because of last night?"   She walks over and hugs me. "Regina I am very sorry for what I caused between you and Emma but that isn't why I have to leave. Hopefully I can come back soon".   "We would all love that, especially Lucas. I want him to know his auntie".    "And he will. I plan on take a long vacation when this show is over. Maybe we all could go somewhere for holiday, or as you Americans call it a vacation".  I just have to laugh a little as I hug my sister.  "Ok Zelena but you better make sure you come back soon and we will be video chatting a lot because if it takes you to long to get back here I want Lucas to know your voice and what you look like".   "Yes of course sister. My show is in 6 weeks and I'll try to be back soon after that".  We hug again and I leave her to pack her things and I go back to find Emma and our son.

Back to Emma's POV

While Regina was gone to talk to Zelena I finished feeding our son. I sat on the loveseat with him for a few minutes because he was still wake. He's still so young so it's a very rare occasion that he's awake for longer thank it takes to feed him, so I sat there talking to him. "I can't believe you are still awake my boy. It's so wonderful to see your eyes. I think you may end up with my eye color, and trust me women love this eye color, and a few guys so what ever you decide suites you go for it. Mommy and I will never judge you about who you want to love".   "Emma, are you really telling our son who is only a few weeks old that the color of your eyes drive people crazy?"   "Yes Regina. This is something he needs to know and he also should know that no matter who he chooses we will love him no matter what".  She comes walking in and sits next to me on the loveseat and gives me a kiss. "Well dear I guess it's never to early to tell or son that we will always love him".  "I agree babe".  We kiss again and look at our son who has fallen back asleep. We both chuckle a bit then we both carefully stand and I put him back in his crib to sleep for a while longer.

About 2 months go by and we have talked and video chatted with Zelena a bunch of times. Lucas is awake more and trying to move around more. He's getting so big so fast. All his doctors appointments have been great. He's right where he should be on everything. Cora has called Regina a few times but not much came of it because Regina doesn't want anything to do with her mother. Last week Cora was sent back to prison. It seems all the everything the feds have on her were all entered into evidence at her new trial and the judge allowed all of it. It was basically an open and shut case at that point. Which Regina is relieved about, and now that Zelena's fashion show is over and we don't have to worry about Cora anymore Zelena asked if she could come for a visit. Regina and I of course said yes, so she's due to arrive here tomorrow afternoon.