Chapter 49

It took me a few me a few trips from the kitchen to the outside grill. I had to make sure I had everything I needed to cook, like the containers, all the utensils and of course the food. The 1st things I put on the grill was the cast iron skillets to get them hot. I put a little oil in one of the skillets then I added the potatoes and spices mixture to the pan and mixed them around a bit. Then I started to cook bacon in the other skillet. When the bacon was all done I poured a little bit of the bacon grease into the home fries, making sure I left just enough in the skillet to make the eggs. They came out nice and fluffy. I put them all onto a plate and carried them up to the porch table that I had set up with plates, napkins and utensils for Regina and I. I was actually surprised to see Regina sitting there drinking the decaf coffee I made. "Hey babe. Breakfast is all ready".  I say as I set the bacon and eggs on the table. "I just need to get the fruit salad out of the fridge and get myself a cup of coffee, then I need to get the home fries off the grill.  Oh babe do you want toast too?"   "Relax my love. I'll go make some toast for us. I'll also get the fruit and make you a cup of coffee. So you just put the lids on these and check the potatoes and I'll be out in a few minutes".  "Thanks babe".  She stands up and we share a kiss. She goes in the house and I go to the grill. I mix the potatoes around and I take one out of the skillet to taste. It was hot but  tasted great with a nice little crunch. I shut the grill off and use an oven mitt to pick up the skillet and I carry it up to the table. I put on the safety mat for hot pots and pans. Regina steps outside just as I sat down. "Here is your coffee dear and I made a few pieces of pumpernickel toast".   "Thanks babe I appreciate your help".  "And I appreciate you making this wonderful looking breakfast for us. I can't wait to eat it".  I take hold of one of her hands and caress it.  "You are very welcome babe. Let's dig in shall we?"  "Yes. Absolutely".  As we ate we had easy conversation. We mostly talked about the house we are staying in. Regina is really thinking about buying this home at the camp. Me on the other hand, I was thinking about when the baby gets older. "Babe as much as we would love this place, is it really that great of an idea a few years from now?  I mean the baby will eventually need a bedroom of their own and what if we have more kids, where will they sleep?"  Regina looks off into the area around us and I can see she's thinking. "I suppose you are right my love. We don't need to buy this. If we want to come here again we can always rent something. Everything around here is beautiful, and your right the baby will need a room of their own. If we really want a vacation home we will find the perfect place somewhere my love. Thank you for always thinking ahead".   "I love you Regina and I always want what's best for us as a family".  "I know you do sweetheart and I love that about you".  She gets up from the table where we are sitting and walks over to me. She gently sits on my lap and gives me a kiss. "I love you Emma. Your love really does amaze me everyday".  She kisses me again and puts her head on my shoulder. I just kiss her head and hold her close. After a little while Regina helps me clean everything up, except the grill. I didn't want her to do that. Later in the day we rented a golf cart and took a ride around all the grounds everything was so beautiful here. Lots of families enjoying their camping areas. The next morning I was able to get her out to go fishing. It was pretty comical but I'd never say that to her. I got some good pictures and a few videos of her either trying to bait her hook and it was hilarious when she caught a fish. She reeled it all the way in and as the little fish flopped around in front of her she kept yelling. "Emma hurry. Get it. Oh my god Emma put it back. Hurry".  I was laughing so hard as I got if off the hook and put it back in the water. After that she was all done fishing for the day and probably for a long time. When the night came upon us we were able to sit around our camp fire for a few hours. I played some music on my phone as we sat on our 2 person beach lounge chair. We held each other as we enjoyed the warmth and the music. We talked a little about renting this home or something else here again. The next morning we packed up, cleaned up, checked out and headed home. The next morning I was off to work at Granny's and Regina was just staying home to rest because when we got home we called Dr. Crane and told her all about the vacation sites. She was glad we both had a nice time and even happier that Regina was able to relax so she suggested that Regina stay home until things aren't so crazy with Regina's mother and until she has no labor pains.  We took every precaution that there was to take as far as Regina and the pregnancy were concerned. We made sure she ate correctly. That she rested every time she needed to and kept in touch with Dr. Crane.