Chapter 11

Regina texted me and called me many times over the last few days. I took my finales this morning and then was able to talk to Dr. Hopper after. He said he's been worried about me. He told me that Regina had called him and asked if he heard from me. He asked if I wanted to talk but I just said no and that I was fine. I was busy studying for the test so that's why I went off the grid for a while. I wasn't even staying at Granny's because I  knew that would be the first place Regina would come looking for me. I found a cheap motel on the other side of town and stayed there. When I walked out of the testing center and was walking to my car I could see Regina getting out of hers and standing with her arms folded as she leaned against my car. When I get there I stand in front of her and put my hands in my pockets.  "Hey Regina".  "Really Emma? That's all I get is a hey Regina?  You've been ignoring me since you left my house a few days ago".  Before she could continue I interrupted her.  "I thought we were supposed to be talking a break till things got worked out".   "Well if you had bothered to answer my calls or even listened to the voicemails I left you, you would have found out that everything was settled the day after. There are still things that have to do with the will that need to be worked out.  You screwed up Emma Swan and I'm incredibly pissed off".  And that was it. She turned and started to walk back to her car. I follow her. "Regina wait please. Let me explain".  She quickly turns around.  "Let you explain?  And why should do I that do that?  Right after we agree to take a break that we both thought would be for the best, you basically forget that I exist". She walks closer to me and looks up into my eyes with so much anger and she speaks low and with a little growl.  "So tell me Emma have you already met someone else?  Maybe you picked someone up in a bar when you were drunk and took them home to fuck the memories of me out of you head. Was that it Emma?"   She slaps me hard across my cheek. "Damn you Emma Swan. You made me fall in love with you. Go to hell".   She walks to her car and I stomp right up to her. As she reaches out to open the car door I grab her hand and turn her to face me. "Fuck you Regina. You think this was easy for me?  To just be tossed aside just like I'd always been".   "Emma you agreed to the break".  "WHAT THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO SAY?"    I yelled out. I take a step back and take a deep breath.  "What was I supposed to do Regina, do you think that was easy for me?  I hated every second as I was packing and leaving. I can't tell you how places I packed up to go to just to pack up and leave again. After a while I got numb to it all, but this".  I had to stop talking to take a breath or I'd cry.  "This hurt the worst Regina. Of all the places I've ever had to leave, your home was the one place I never wanted to leave. I especially didn't want to leave you. I fucking love you Regina".   As I say that the tears fall from both our eyes. "Why didn't you answer my calls or texts Emma?"   "I was afraid. I couldn't bare to hear that we couldn't be together again.  I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls or texts".   "Why didn't you stay at Granny's?"    "I knew you would come to find me there and I knew it would be worse to hear the words face to face that it was really over".  I cover my face with my hands and just cry hard. Regina wraps her arms around me and I can tell she's also crying.  She leans back and lifts my face to look at her.  "Please come back with me to my house Emma. Please".    "Are you sure it's ok?"    "It's more than ok. I'll drive. Your car will be safe here for a while. I'll call the Dean and tell him that you had car trouble and that you'll be back tomorrow. Is that ok?"   "As long as you think it's ok I'm in".   "Let's go home my love".  We kiss. A kiss that's actually in public. Not only is it in public but it's at our school. So things must be really ok.   "Yes please Regina.  There is nothing more I want right now than to just be with you and hold you. I've missed you so much and it's only been 2 days".  She kisses me again.  "Let's go my love".   We get into her car and she drives us over to her house. We held hands the whole time Regina drove and then again as we got her to house and walked up to the front door. She let go of my hand so she could unlock the door then she held my hand again as we walk in.
Walking up to the foyer, I looked around. "It kinda feels scary being back here Regina".   "Why is that my love?"   "Well the last time I was here we couldn't be together, now you say it's ok. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like something went wrong and we can't be together and that your in trouble. I don't want that to happen Regina. I really don't. I love you. You shouldn't have to be fired because of that and go to prison. This is all my fault. I should go and give this more time. I promise I'll wait for you".   I kiss her and start to walk away.   "Oh hell no Miss Swan. If you walk out that door don't ever plan on coming back".   "Babe I'm scared. I don't know what to do. I love you but I don't want you to hurt because of me".   She gives me a deep kiss.  "Damn it Emma.  Love goes both ways when it's right. I would also do anything for you. Just give us a chance my love. We are safe. I promise you. Do you believe me my love?"    "Yes I do babe. I just want to be with you".    "Well here we are. So what do you want to do first?"   "Would you be upset if I said that I just wanna hold you close?"   "I would definitely not be upset. That absolutely sounds wonderful. I couldn't imagine anything better right now".    "Except maybe some greasy food after we decide to get up?"   Regina laughs.  "Yes my love.  That sounds wonderful, but we will definitely be changing some of your eating habits soon".   "That's fine babe. I don't care as long as I can hold you for a while".  We kiss again and she says. "We can hold each other for more than a while. We can do this forever if that's what we want".  I nod and she locks the door behind us.  We hold hands as we walk up to her bedroom. Once in there we help each other get undressed. Not for sexual reasons right now, it's just for us to get ready to get in bed and hold each other.  Once we were both naked we just look at each other's bodies. "I swear Regina you have the most beautiful body of anyone or anything I've ever seen in my life. I just want to explore and enjoy every part of you and when I'm done I want to start all over again".   I leap into her arms and we share a lot of kisses. Once we separate I ask.  "Are we ready to lay down so I can hold you babe?"   "Yes my love. Forgive me if I fall asleep I haven't slept since you left a few days ago. Let's not let that happen again ok?"   I nod and we kiss. We get into bed and snuggle together. It's the best feeling I've had in days. We kiss one last time as we hold each other tight and then we eventually fall asleep.