Chater 54

Regina and I are sitting on the living room floor playing with Lucas. He's 6 months old now and he's getting so big. Of course he's got a big appetite on him, he is my son after all. We have him in his baby walker that is a white Ford F-150 truck. It's my dream truck. As soon as I saw it I wanted it for my son. Lucas loves his truck walker. He beeps the horn all the time which makes him smile. He can't walk around in it yet but he loves touching all the buttons. It's so cool watching him discover all these new sounds. While watching our son play we hear the door bell so I tell Regina that I'll get it. I give her a kiss then I get up and give my son a kiss on the head. When I open the door I see Zelena standing there smiling with her luggage in her hands. "Hello Emma. I'm back".   "Hey Z. It's good to see you. Please let me help you with your bags".  I reach out and take hold of 2 bags, leaving her with one to carry in. We walk inside and I leave her bags by the stairs and we go into the living room where Regina and Lucas are. Regina stands and gives her sister a hug and welcomes her back. They both sit on the couch and talk about what's been happening in their lives recently as well as a lot of talk about Lucas. I'm still a little upset about the whole thing that happened when Zelena went on her date at the Mexican restaurant and me being thrown out of my home, but Regina and I have worked it out and are doing great now. I never got a chance to talk it out with Zelena so everything could be settled, but I just sit there and smile at the sisters as they seem so happy to be back together once again. Zelena asked me "So Emma tell me how are things going at Granny's?"   "Oh it's been really great. I'm still doing a lot of the office work and Granny has put me 2nd in charge of the kitchen, after her of course".  "Oh wow that's wonderful Emma. Congratulations. So what do you do in the kitchen now?"   "I basically just have to follow Granny's recipes to make whatever she has on the dinner menu. I also get to help her with the specials for each day of the week. It's been really great. I have great hours and I'm available to take some time off for any reason I need to".  "That's great. I'm so happy for you Emma. So how about you sis?  You must have started your new job at the elementary school by now?"  Regina decided not to return to the university after everything that happened. No charges were ever filed and there was no cause for her to be fired but after spending time with Lucas she said she wanted to try teaching elementary school kids instead of young adults. "Actually I haven't started yet Zelena. I decided to wait till next year so I can spend more time at home with Lucas".   "Really?  Wow that surprises me sis. I never thought of you as the little homemaker". Zelena says with a little chuckle, which I think pisses Regina off.  "Excuse me Zelena but I am not the little homemaker. I'm simply a wife and mother that wants to stay home and take care of her child for a while".   "Well I'm sorry Regina. I didn't mean to upset you. I was just trying to make a little joke".  "It wasn't funny at all. You make it sound like I'm just sitting on my ass all day eating chocolates and watching soap operas. Well I don't. Taking care of my son and keeping this house in order. It's a lot of work Zelena".   "I'm really sorry sis. I've only been here a few minutes and I've already pissed you off. Please forgive me".   "Fine just don't do it again".  "Well that was interesting. You two really done or do wanna take this outside and fight it out?"  I asked laughing.  "My love?"   "Yes babe".   "Shut up".  Regina says with a smile. "Of course babe".  We all laugh and we move on to other topics.
When dinner time rolled around we talked about what to get and where to go. I wanted pizza, Regina wanted pasta and Zelena actually said. "How about some Mexican?"  Regina and I look at each other then look at Zelena.  "Mexican really Zelena? After what happened last time you were here?"  "Come on it wasn't that bad blondie. It was a simple misunderstanding".  I just about lost it. "It wasn't that bad? A misunderstanding?  Are you fucking kidding me?  My wife kicked me out of the house. She didn't even want to look at me. I had to leave my home where my newborn son lives because you thought I ruined your date".  "Sweetheart please calm down".  Regina looks like she's almost begging me not to start anything but it's to late. "Regina if that hostess didn't say anything would we even be together now?  You wouldn't listen to me and you had packed a bag for me to leave. Your sister makes a joke of it and I'm not supposed to get pissed off?"   "Gees blondie everything worked out. Why are you still so bitter?"  "Screw you Zelena. I did nothing wrong and I almost lost my family".  I stop talking and take a deep breath and let it out. "You know what? I'm not doing this right now. You 2 can figure out what you want for dinner I'm going out". I give my wife and son a kiss and leave the living room. Before I open the front door Regina called out to me from the top of the foyer stairs. "Emma please don't leave. Please my love stay".  "Babe I love you and Lucas so much but if I stay here I'm gonna fucking lose it. I need some time ok?"   "Ok my love but promise me you'll be safe".  "I promise. I'll be back later". She walked down the foyer stairs and gave me a kiss. We both said I love you and I left to go over to the Rabbit Hole for a few drinks. Sitting at the bar with my beer and shot I text Ruby to see what she's up to. She texted back and said she just got off her shift at Granny's and definitely needed a drink. She told me that she was going to take a shower and be right over. I was happy about that. At least I'd be able to hang out with a friend tonight. Ruby finally arrived about 45 minutes later and the first thing we did were shots. After about an hour of drinks and small talk Ruby asks. "So Emm's what's going on tonight? You don't seem like yourself".  "I'm fine. Zelena came back into town today and her and I have some unresolved issues and she said something tonight that just pissed me off so I told Regina I was going out".   "I'm sorry Emm's that really sucks. Why don't you just talk to her and get it over with?"  "It's complicated Ruby".  "Well then start from the beginning".   So that's what I do. I tell her everything that happened 6 months ago and then today.  "Wow Em. That was really bitchy of her to make a joke of it, especially since you two haven't talked about it".  "Yeah. That's what really pissed me off. She just acts like everything is fine. I mean the least she could have done was give me a heartfelt apology, sure she said she's sorry but then she just took off back to London. It's sucks Ruby. I'd rather be home with my wife and our son but Zelena is there and I really don't want to fight with her in front of my son".   "Em you need to talk to her or this will never end. Finish your drink and go home to your family. You aren't going to solve anything sitting here getting drunk".  Damn it. She has a good point. "Your right Rubes. Thanks for talking to me".  "We're besties Em. I'll always be here for ya".  "Thanks". I give her a hug and grab my phone. I text Regina to see if she's busy and if she can pick me up. I've had a few drinks and I shouldn't drive. She texted back that she was on her way. I paid my tab, gave Ruby a hug then went outside to wait for my wife.
About 5 minutes later I see Regina's  Mercedes and a big smile comes on my face. I really do love my wife. I hated that I left earlier but I didn't want to say something that I'd regret later. The car slows down and pulls up in front of me. I keep the smile on my face as the car comes to a stop. I open the passenger door, sit and close the door. "Thanks for picking me up babe. I didn't want to drive since I've been drinking". I say that as I fasten my seatbelt then I go to lean over to kiss my wife. "whoa.  What the hell are you doing here, where is my wife?"   "As my sister was about to leave, young Lucas woke up so I told her that I'd pick up her drunk wife".  I take off the seatbelt and open the door before she drives away. "Thanks anyway Zelena I think I'll hang out with Ruby for a little while longer then take a cab home. See ya later".  I get out of the car and so does she. "Hold it right there blondie. We need to talk so let's do that on the way home".  "Fine you wanna do this now. Let's go. I'd rather not do it in front of my wife and son".  I get back in and Zelena starts to drive us back to my home that I share with my wife and my son. Yeah so what, I'm a little bitchy.  "Would you like to go first Emma?"  "Fine. Are you even really sorry about what happened last time you were here?  Do you even care that Regina kicked me out of the house?  If that hostess didn't say anything I may not be back with my wife and our son. Do you even care about that?"  "Of course I do Emma and I am sorry but it was an innocent mistake".  "Bull shit Zelena. It wasn't an innocent mistake. You totally threw me under the bus. If you could have seen the look in Regina's eyes you would have seen how angry she was with me for something I didn't do. You almost cost me my family Zelena and I can't forgive you that quickly".  She pulls into my driveway and I get out before she even puts the car in park. I walk into my home and go check out the living room. My beautiful wife in in there with our son sleeping on her chest. I walk over and sit next to them on the couch.  "Hi babe".  I say as I kiss her lips and kiss our son on his temple.  "Hello my love. Did you have a nice time tonight?"   "It was fine. I wish it was you that had picked me up but I'm home now. How was your night?"   "I hope you and my sister had a chance to talk".   "I guess you can say that".  Just then Zelena walks in with a glass of wine and sits on the chair across from us.  "Hello dears. I suppose your both talking about me".  "Well Emma didn't say much but it seems you both had a little talk".  "Yes. It was mostly her saying how I almost ruined her life and took her family away".  I knew she'd say something like that. "Zelena I'm not getting into this in front of my son".  "Oh so it's ok for you tell basically tell me off but I can't say anything. Not fair blondie".  I speak a little louder than I should have when I said.  "My name is Emma if that's to hard for you, you can call me Mrs. Swan-Mills".  After I spoke Lucas started to whimper. Shit. "Babe give him to me. I'll take him upstairs and settle him and put him in his crib".  She hands him over to me and I give Zelena a look as I leave the room. I get up to my sons nursery and wind up his mobile that hangs over his crib. It plays a nice lullaby song so I hold him and rub his back to get him back asleep. I sway with him and I see his eyes start to flutter. I continue to do what I'm doing and he falls back asleep in no time. "That's mama's boy. I love you so much".  I say as I kiss his head. "I'm so happy that I'm the one that gets to be your mama. I promise I'll do everything I can to make you and mommy feel loved, happy safe all the time". I kiss his head again then I lay him down in his crib.  "I love you my little man. Sweet dreams".  I step away from the crib and turn around. I then see my wife standing at the door of the nursery. I step out in the hall with her and kiss her. "You are such a good mama my love". She kisses me back then we hug. "Regina I'm really sorry that I'm not getting along with your sister right now. "It's ok my love I understand. I spoke to Zelena. Let's go in our bedroom and talk".  I nod then we both look into our sons room, then we walk into our bedroom.