Chapter 44

The next morning was Zelena's last day with us. First we all had breakfast with each other and as we all helped clean up Regina's cell phone started to ring. I looked at the screen. "Babe it's your lawyer".   "Please answer it for me dear".  She was doing the dishes and had to dry off her hands. "Hello. This is the phone of Regina Swan-Mills. May I help you?"  He asks of its possible to speak with Regina and I ask him to hold on. When she was done drying her hands she took the call. "Hello Will. Good morning".  They speak for a few minutes and Regina thanks him and ends the call. "Everything ok babe?"    Zelena looks on with interest.  "Yes everything is fine. He was just telling me about the the arrangement yesterday. She was denied bail and It seems they put a freeze on all her bank accounts, took her passport and put her on the do not fly list. For now she's being held at the state penitentiary in solitary confinement so she can't make any threatening phone calls".   "Wow babe the state Pen. Damn".   "That's actually going to slowly kill mother Regina. I don't think she can handle that".   "I don't think so either but we didn't do this to her. She did it to herself".   After that we finished cleaning up in silence. The 3 of us then go into the living room and sit down. After a few minutes I ask. "So Z what time do you have to be at the airport?"   "I'm supposed to be there by 6 to check in and check my bags".   "Well if you ladies wouldn't mind, I was thinking we could take a ride up to Portland and hang out for a while. Maybe walk around the harbor, check out the shops, have lunch later or whatever. Then we could go to the airport. It only about 2 miles away. What do you both think?"   They look at each other with no expression on their faces. Which makes me think they don't want to do this. "I'm fine if you sisters want to spend this day together. It'll probably be a little while before you come back Zelena. Maybe you both should spend the day together.  I don't mind spending the day alone chilling on the couch. There's a Red Sox game on this afternoon anyway".    "Actually Emma I'm ok with going to Portland for the day if you are Regina?"   Zelena and I look at Regina and she says.  "Sure why not. It should be a nice day today. Are you already packed up Zelena?"   "Yes. I finished last night".   "Well Emma and I already took a shower are you all set?"   "Yup. Just need a few minutes to freshen up".   "Yes I agree. Emma and I could use a few minutes also. After that we can help you take your luggage out to the car".   "I'm ok with that. Is that ok with you Emma?"   "Yes absolutely, but I'm serious if you two want to spend the day together I'm ok with that".  "No way blondie you are stuck with me till I board my plain".   I smile and laugh a little at that.  "Ok fine. Let's go get ready then. Shall we?"   We all go upstairs and make sure we look presentable. Zelena and I carry her bags out to the SUV and the 3 of us head over to Portland.  Our first stop is to a place they call the Eastern Promenade.  It's nothing really special it's just a beautiful area along the waterfront with a park and so trails. It's about 2 miles long but none of us wanted to walk that far. There is a small beach with a few food stands. We went to an ice cream stand and the 3 of us just got milk shakes. Regina and I got chocolate and Zelena got a strawberry shake. Then we sat on a bench and watched all the boats out on the water. It was a very nice afternoon. A little while later we walked a bit then we went for a drive up the cost towards the airport. We really weren't that hungry but Zelena wanted something before she had her long flight, so we decided on something not to heavy. We went to a nice pizza place on the water. We shared a margarita pizza, which is a pizza garlic oil, mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. It was delicious. The 3 of us ate the whole thing. Then it was time to head over to the airport. I helped Zelena with her luggage that she was checking and then it was time for her board the plane. We all hugged and said goodbye. Then she left to board the plane. Regina and I held hands as we walked back to our SUV.  "Did you want to go anywhere before we go gone babe?"   "Well I wouldn't mind stopping at that town we stayed at thats just over the town line. I saw a few stores on line that are in the mall that I'd like to see before we go home if you don't mind".   "Not at all babe. That sounds fine with me. We definitely need a few things for our baby. I just wish that this little one would make it possible to find out their gender so that way we know what to actually buy".   "I agree dear. Perhaps at my next appointment the baby will cooperate so we can find out".   We quickly smile at each other and I continue driving closer to town.  I pull into a parking spot in front of a small shopping mall.  "Nice. I didn't think I'd find a spot so close to the entrance".  "Wonderful job my my love".  She looks at me and smiles. We lean in and share a kiss. We get out of the car and go into the mall. We stop to look at the map of the stores and we find one of the stores Regina was looking for. We hold hands as we talk to the store. We walk in and there is baby stuff everywhere. I laugh a little and Regina looks at me. "What's so funny dear?"   "Oh it's nothing much. It's just this store is huge and filled with everything you could think of and things you probably never knew existed".  She smiles and shakes her head. We walk around for a little bit and then an associate asks if we need any help. We say sure because we could use all the help we could get. We tell her that Regina is about 6 months pregnant and we don't know the gender of the baby yet and that it's also our first baby. She smiles and said she would be happy to help us. We picked out a nice crib that we both liked and also a bassinet for our bedroom for after the baby is born. We also got a bunch of onesies to put the baby in. We got some bibs for the baby to wear for when they eat. We got a few different types of baby bottles. Regina really wants to try to breast feed the baby but that my not possible all the time. So we want to try and get the kid used to both ways of eating. We got a few gender neutral infant pajamas and a few pairs of socks. Regina and I thought we had enough for now until we find out what we are having. We asked the sales associate if we could get everything delivered and she said it was not a problem at all. She took all our information for the delivery and we asked her if she had a business card so we can call and set up an appointment to come back when and if we are able to find out what we are having. She handed it to us and said she looked forward to hearing from us. We thanked her and Regina and I left the mall and went back home. We changed into something comfortable and we relaxed for a while. We heated up some leftovers, watched some tv and then headed off to bed.
2 weeks later later Regina and I had an appointment with the OBGYN. Hopefully when she does the ultrasound we can find out the gender of our baby.