Chapter 31

Regina and I were walking around the jewelry store looking for lockets when a sales associate comes over and asked if we needed anything. We did and told her that we wanted a locket so she showed us a variety. They had about 15 in stock and have access to about 50 more that could be here in 2 days. They had one I liked  inside the store. I told them I wanted Granny engraved on it then I showed them the photo of Regina's ultrasound and they said they could fit it in and not damage the picture. Regina and I were both very happy about that.  I gave the woman my debit card to pay for the locket, the engraving and the laser copy of the picture to put inside the locket. To my surprise it wasn't as expensive as I thought it was going to be. Everything was under $ 250.00 and it was definitely worth it. I was told it would be ready in approximately 2 days and that they will call when I can come pick it up.  I signed the payment receipt and the woman gave her her card with the store number and website on it. We thanked her and we left. We held hands as we left the store and I said.  "Thanks for taking me there babe".  "You are very welcome sweetheart.  I think you got the best looking locket they had. Granny is going to love it".  "I really hope so".   She looks at me and smiles. "So where are we going now babe?"  "Oh I'm sorry dear. I forgot to tell you. The wedding planner called me last night when I was in my office. He wants to see us this afternoon but I can go see what he wants if you have something else to do".  "My whole day is open so I can come with you if you'd like?"  "I would like that very much". She gives me a kiss and we decide to walk around the main part of town. We go into a few of the different shops. We walk by Mr. Golds pawn & antique shop and Regina wants to go inside so we do. We look around at the things that are for sale and she then she sees what she wants.  "Emma I want this for our nursery. What do you think?"   "If that's what you want then get it babe. I don't have a problem with that".  It was a cute Mickey Mouse rotary phone.  A woman named Belle came out to help us. Regina told her what she wanted and she told us it was a great choice because she just got one for her baby that's due in a few months.  Apparently she's married to the owner of the shop. Which I think it kinda weird because she seems a lot older than her, but who am I to talk Regina is almost 10 years older than me so whatever. She also told us that they had a few other models in the backroom and if we didn't want the rotary they had a push button in the back.  Regina wanted the one she had already picked out so the woman brought it in the back to get it boxed up and Regina paid for it. "Emma I absolutely love this phone. I know we haven't talked about how we want to decorate the nursery but maybe we could do some sort of Disney theme. Nothing to over the top but cute and colorful".  "That's absolutely fine with me babe".  We look over and Belle is smiling at us.  "I'm sorry for watching but it's so beautiful when a couple is having a baby. My husband and I are very excited. We just found out we are having a boy".  Regina says. That's wonderful Belle congratulations. I'm sorry I haven't introduced you yet. Do you know my fiancé Emma?"   "We've never been introduced but I believe she's served me at Granny's".  I hold my hand out and we shake hands. "It's nice to meet you Belle.  You worked at the library too right?"  "Yes. I actually still do part time. I love books and reading. It's a perfect fit for me. I work here sometimes to be with my husband or when he's off at an auction".   "That's great. It's finally nice to formally meet you".  She smiles and a young boy comes out to give her a long box.  "Ok ladies her is your phone all safely packed up. We don't have a big enough bag for this but we could put it in a shipping box".  Regina says.  "No this is just fine. Thank you Belle.  Hope to see you soon".  She smiles and says. "Thank you ladies. Have a wonderful afternoon".  We both smile back, I take the box and Regina and I leave the store. "Are you sure your ok with nursery theme I was hoping for?"   "It's fine babe. So what's next?"  She looks at her watch and says. "We should probably head over to the wedding planners now".  We walk back to the car and I drive us over to the planners office. We needed to make the final decisions for the wedding.  It's mostly last thoughts on the dinner and how we want the ceremony to go. We told him about the new addition of me giving Granny a special gift at the reception and he loved the idea.  He thought it would be perfect for after dinner and before mine and Regina's first dance.  We had no objection to that. We did a buffet style dinner.  There was 2 types of chicken and 2 types steak. Both were teriyaki or Mexican style. Rice pilaf and Spanish rice. A bunch of different sautéed vegetables. Dinner rolls or small wraps to make the Mexican meat into tacos if they want. Regina has a Mexican and Italian background so there is also lasagna, chicken Parmesan and spaghetti and meatballs, plus don't forget the garlic toast.  We pretty much had anything that our guests would want. We also had to go containers for after the wedding. Regina and I told the staff that we wanted a little of everything so that's what they we're going to save us. Then everyone else can have what they want, in moderation of course. We don't want want someone taking all the beef or veggies. Once everything was finalized we left. As we walked to the car we held hands and I said.  "Wow babe all of this is really happening. I'm so excited. Thank you for wanting to marry me".   She stops walking and then turns to face me. She gives me a kiss. "Emma. I love you you so much. I can't wait to marry you sweetheart".  We kiss again and walk to our car and I drive us back home. The first thing we do is go into the room that will be the nursery. I plug the Mickey Mouse Phone into the phone jack and place it on the table that will also be in the room. I pick up the receiver and hear a dial tone. I call Regina's cell number and wait.  It starts ringing and we both smile at each other. The phone actually looks cute in the room.  We are happy so we head downstairs and go to sit on the couch in the living room. We sit in the quietness of the room holding each other.  After a little while I say.  "I almost can't believe it. 2 weeks from Saturday will be our wedding. I have to admit I'm getting a little nervous".   "Nervous in a bad way Emma?"   "What?  Oh god no Regina. I wasn't thinking of it in a bad way at all. My whole life I've tried to stay just under the radar and not be the center of attention. When we get married that's what we will be. The actual center of attention".   "I'm sorry Emma if you had told me this sooner we could have planned something else".  "It's fine babe. As long as you are by my side the whole time I'll make it through".  We smile and share a kiss and just hold each other.