part 5

Haileys POV

Back at my apartment Jay's unpacking the shopping into the spare bedroom were Dahlia will be staying, whislt Dhalia is sitting in front of TV watching
Dora contently. " Jay we forgot toiletries for Dhalia! " I shout from the kitchen making tea. " I'll go get some now. Just the basics? " he asks from the bedroom. " Ye, thanks! " I say grateful for Jay. " Hailey what's going to happen to mummy? " Dhalia asks standing behind me. " Hey sweetie, Mummy is going away for a long time because she was naughty. I'm going to look after you though dont worry. " I explain to Dhalia as Jay walks into the kitchen. " Ok. " she replies as goes back to watch Dora. " I'm off, see you in 20. " Jay says looking at me weirdly. " Why you looking at me like that? " I ask creeped out. " Your smashing this whole mum role so far. " Jay replies grinning. " Go get the toiletries. " I say blushing shoving Jay towards the door.

Jays out the door no longer than five minutes when my phone rings. I switch off the pan and answer " Upton. " " Hello this Kara from CPS. We need to do a home inspection, just part of the procedure. Is tomorrow morning okay? " Kara asks jumping straight to the point. " Ugh yes, sure. What time tomorrow morning? " I ask " 10? " kara suggest " okay see you then. " I reply hanging up the phone.

15 minutes later the spaghetti bolognese is ready and Jay walks with a bag of stuff. " Smells amazing! " he says walking towards the bathroom to unpack the stuff. " Dhalia go sit at the table- tea is ready. " I shout through to living room. Jay walks back into the kitchen and grabs a bowl of spaghetti, taking it over to Dhalia. " Thanks Jay. " I say placing mine and his down on the table.

Jay's POV

Hailey, Dhalia and I are all sitting round the table laughing and giggling when theres a knock at the door. " I'll get it dont worry. " I say to hailey who is pulling funny faces- using pasta as a moustache. " Hi Voight everything alright? " I ask moving out the way to let Voight in. " sorry to interrupt but umm, I need a word with you two. Alone. " Voight says seriously.

Hailey stands up and takes us into the kitchen were its quite but we can still see Dhalia. " Dhalias mum killed herself. She used her T-shirt hang herself from the cells ceiling. " Voight says in a whisper. " What happens now then? With Dhalia I mean. " Hailey asks already knowing the answer. " She stays with you. Your already her legal guardian at the moment so they are putting you down as her permanent one. " Voight says pointing out the obvious. " I can't be a mum and a detective on my own Voight! " hailey says panicked. " That's why you have backup. " I say smiling at hailey. The relief on haileys face after I told her she wasnt doing it alone was hilarious. " Alright I'll let yous to finish your tea. Bye Dhalia. " Voight says walking to the door. " Bye! " Dhalia smiles to Voight.

Haileys POV

Jay and I are still standing in the kitchen trying to figure out how to tell Dhalia her mums dead. " let's leave it till tomorrow. Shes happy at the moment. " Jay says. " good idea. " I reply going to sit back down. " Hey chicken, you enjoying that? " I ask Dhalia; who's face is covered in the sauce. " Mmhmm! " she replies giving off the biggest grin. " good! " Jay replies smiling.

20 minutes later once were done and finished cleaning the dishes, Dhalia comes into the kitchen. " Hailey, can we watch a movie tonight? " she asks with puppy dog eyes. " Ye of course. Frozen 2? " I suggest. Dhalia grins nodding her head frantically, holding her arms up high for Jay to pick her up. " I'll leave you two girls to it then. " Jay says kissing Dhalia on the head and putting her back down. " No I want Jay to stay. Pleeeeeease! " Dhalia beggs. " I could do with the help if you dont mind? " I say also giving the puppy dog eyes. " Okay, just because its frozen 2! " Jay says tickling Dhalia. Jay's so great with her, I don't know how he does it.