part 41

General POV

Just as the sun started sneak through curtains, Jay was awoken by circular motions being drawn on his chest. " Morning. " Jay whispers. " Morning. " Hailey grins. " Last night was amazing. " Jay smiles, turning onto his side to face hailey. " Ye it was. " they lay there in silence for a while, enjoying the moment. " So, where are we going tonight? " Hailey asks " Futachinis, it's an amazing Italian on 36th " Jay answeres " But what about Dhalia? " he asks suddenly remembering about Dhalia. " I'll ask Voight. One of the conditions of me moving back was he got to have Dhalia occasionally " Hailey explains and laughs seeing the confusion on Jay's face to why Voight would want to spend time with Dhalia. " okay.." Jay says raising an eyebrow. " What? " Hailey asks laughing " Nothing " Jay shakes his head, earning a pillow been thrown at his head by Hailey.

Haileys POV

After throwing a pillow at Jay's head I get out of bed to go and ring Voight to see if he can take Dhalia for the night. " Hey Voight. " I say after Voight picks up the phone. " Hey Kidda, you okay? " Voight asks concerned " Ye I'm fine. Um, do you still want to spend more time with Dhalia? " I ask trying to ease him into it " Ofcourse Hailey, when do you want me to look after her? " Hank asks knowing exactly where this was heading." Tonight? " I ask hoping it wasnt to last minute " You got it, what time? " Hank asks thrilled to be looking after Dhalia " Is six ok? " " Ye ofcourse. Cant wait! " Hank replies hanging up.

Jay's POV

" DHALIA, PANCAKES ARE READY, GET UP! " I shout from the kitchen to Dhalias room- which is right next to the kitchen. " Jay dont shout like that to get the poor kid to wake up. Hailey says coming into the living area. " Its worked the last month, its the only time she gets to snap at me without being told off. " I say laughing but also worried for Haileys reaction. Almost on cue Dhalia comes through ready to snap at me " For god sake daddy, dont shout you idiot. " Dhalia snaps coming over to get a plate. " Really? You taught our daughter to be mouthy! " Hailey laughs unimpressed. " Yes, its the deal. If she gets it out her system in the morning and she dares be mouthy any other time she will get no TV before bed. " I say handing Hailey her breakfast. " okay... " Hailey says unsure about the whole idea, but still goes along with it.

Haileys POV

" Dhalia, how do you feel about having a sleep over a pops house? " I ask Dhalia going to sit next to her " Yes! " Dhalia replies excitedly " Good because your at his tonight so me and your dad can go out. " I say taking a mouthful of pancake " awesome! " Dhalia exhales, way to excited that her parents are ditching her. " I'm going to get my bag ready. " Dhalia says jumping out her chair and leaving half her breakfast. " Its not till tonight! " I shout into her room " I dont care mommy! " Dhalia shouts back popping her head round the doorway. " I'm going to go out for a bit. I'll be back soon. " Jay says standing up to put his dishes in the washer. " Okay, is everything okay? " I ask, Jay doesn't normally go out on his own. " Yep " Jay replies clearly lying about something. " Jay what are you not telling me? " I ask fairly annoyed " Nothing, just, leave it. " Jay replies really sketchy before walking out the door.