1: In Which A Cold Hobo Knows How To Deal With His Scarf

Elise was starting to wonder if the branch poking her in the back was actually a branch or something else.

You shouldn't be out here this late at night you know.

Mewtwo, there's been sightings of a Chimecho lingering around, I want to help them before they get hurt.

Elise, You've been doing this for hours now. You should listen to him.

I thought you were on my side Blaziken.

It's three o'clock in the morning, your insomniac of a brother is rubbing off on you, you need sleep.

Be quiet you two, the Chimecho is here.

She could hear her two Pokémon companions sigh as they quieted down, letting Elise hear the cry of Chimecho. Ah, there you are, little guy. Stepping into the small chime-like Pokémon's sight, the girl offered him a small cherry from her pouch.

"C'mon buddy. It's fine, don't worry," she soothed the little creature.

"Chime!"

"Aww, no problem little guy. It's dangerous out at night, do you want to go home with me?"
The Chimecho floated closer and settled itself onto her palm, taking the cherry and biting it. Elise smiled and summoned a Pokéball in her other palm. "If you don't mind my friend," she spoke.

The Pokémon let out a small "Chime!" and nudged the round sphere with its head, vanishing in a touch of red light soon later. Bingo! She thought. Straightening up, Elise watched as the Pokéball containing her newfound companion shake. It soon stilled, signaling a successful catch.

Will you finally get some sleep now?

Yep, let's go home.

Smiling at Mewtwo's relief through the bonds that they shared, she plucked a leaf from her hair. "Easy catch, right guys?" Elise asked out loud, tossing the Pokéball up, only for it to be snatched by a mysterious white fabric, "Eh?" Turning to investigate, Elise saw a disheveled-looking man holding onto the Pokéball. The same fabric then lashed out to enclose her whole body and lifted her into the air. I've never thought to give silk dancing a try, but I'm sure it's not supposed to be like this.

"What is this?" he stated, gesturing to it.

"Um, I can explain," she stammered out. Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck.

"Then do so."

"It's my quirk!l He stared at the nervous girl through mustard-colored goggles, doubting her, "I can prove it to you!"

The man sighed, and the scarf dumped Elise onto the ground, "Don't try to run, you won't be able to get far."

"I have a Pokémon-related quirk," she began. "It allows me to summon Pokeballs and to catch the Pokémons. I can also form bonds with them and shapeshift into any Pokémon types that I have in my inventory. Most of the Pokémons I catch go to sanctuaries or gets shelter from our home."

"Interesting," he muttered. "The bond, does that allow you to control them?"

She winced, "No no no, the bond forms with permission from both sides, I try to give them as much freedom as possible."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

Elise sighed, already expecting this, and she said, "How can I trust you? How do I know you aren't here to hurt me?"

"If I wanted to hurt you, I would've done so already. It's pointless to be a pro hero if my goal was to hurt people," he stated bluntly.

Pro hero? I've never seen any pro hero like that. Elise took a closer look and saw that he wore all black and had a utility belt, plus his scarf and goggles. The hero soon piped up, "Pro hero Eraser Head, I work as an underground hero to avoid attention. Well?"

Humming in understanding, Elise asked the man, "Okay then. What would you want me to do?"

The man sighed and crossed his arms. "Something to prove you're not lying. I don't have all night," he grumbled.

Elise nodded, slightly wary of his tone, Is today the day I die, dammit. She held up a hand for two Pokéballs to form, "Mewtwo, Blaziken, come out please!" There were two bright flashes and there her two oldest and closest Pokémon companions stood.

The hero took a step back from the two tall Pokémons, "Well this is certainly interesting, what's in this one?" He held up the one in his hand.

Mewtwo's voice echoed in their heads, saying "Our new friend Chimecho, it would be appreciated if you give them back to us." Scowling at her friend she mentally asked him, Dammit Mewtwo, why did you do that? There was a slight tilt of his to show that he heard the comment.

Eraser Head took a step back, surprised by this unexpected fact. Blaziken took a step forward, but before he could do anything, Elise pushed her way in front of them. "Guys, let's not spark any problems here please."

"Only because you said so," Blaziken grumbled.

Whipping back at Blaziken she hissed, "You too!?"

"Me too," he agreed.

It was then that Erasure Head cleared his throat, "The... bird talks too?"

"I am not a bird!" Blaziken squawked indignantly.

Without missing a beat, Elise responded, "You two look like anthropomorphic furries." Turning to the older man, Elise asked him, "So, do you believe me now?"

Eraser Head nodded, "I see it now, but I still have questions."

"Of course, ask away."

"What are your intentions?" He asked.

She started with a small smile, "I don't like mistreatment, whether if it's towards humans or Pokémon. I want people to treat them with respect, not abominations or heartless monsters. I want to help guide this world to a world where harmony between Pokémons and humans exist. I just want to know that I helped."

"What you fight for is what many heroes fight for," he began. "If you got into Yuuei High, you would be able to improve your quirk and show others your quirk,"

"Yuuei"-Mewtwo said slowly--"the number one academy in Musustafu, with a two-percent acceptance percentage."

"Attending that would give you limitless possibilities, Elise, you'll get to do much more," Blaziken mused.

A sigh was heard from the girl, "That'll never happen, I can't get in, and they'll kick me out once they see me use my quirk."

Eraserhead huffed, partially amused and annoyed, "Along with being a hero, I also work in Yuuei as a teacher. And I, as a teacher, see that you have potential." He paused to let it sink in, "Your case is interesting, come to Yuuei tomorrow morning at ten. I will be in front to escort you through the gates and we will talk about your quirk with the other teachers."

Elise's eyes widened, "Does this mean I can attend Yuuei?"

"You show a lot of potential. As of right now, go home, it's late."

"Yessir," Elise tucked the Pokéball away and returned Blaziken and Mewtwo back to their Pokéballs.

"And kid?"

"Yeah?"
"Stop going out for three o'clock runs"