33

Third Person

"Because I, Shin Ryujin, feels the same way too."

Leia's brain was finally able to catch up to this situation. She opened her mouth to speak as she feels a hard twist inside her chest.

"What?! No!"

Leia shakes her head when reality hits her that Ryujin still has a girlfriend and this doesn't make any sense. Her palms were on Ryujin's arms, slightly pushing her farther away.

"Why? Did you perhaps... already moved on?!" Ryujin's heart tightens thinking of that thought. How can Leia move on after she already has the older's heart?

"N-No!" Leia stuttered while looking somewhere else but Ryujin. She was too nervous to make eye contact.
".... you have Heiran."

"I already broke up with her!" Ryujin replied.

"You what??" Leia felt the pain in her subsided gradually listening to Ryujin's words. "But why..."

"Because I don't like her. The one that I like is you, stupid."

"Uh..." Leia's eyes popped out of their sockets and she inevitably froze once again. She didn't know what to say and even if she want to, the words won't come out.

Ryujin broke into an amused chuckle at the younger's reaction. The tip of Ryujin's fingers reaches out for her, wanting to caress her cheeks like Ryujin always wanted to but...

"HAN JAEIN, WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?" Her mom barge out of the front door and approaching the two. They quickly parted while awkward looking away from each other.

"Good evening, Mrs. Han." Ryujin bow respectfully with a genuine smile.

"Good evening!" Mrs. Han beamed. 
"Aren't you Ryujin? As if I can recall you're our neighbor from Seoul, right?" 

"Ah, mom... this is.... uh... Lia's friend." Leia nervously told her mom. "She's also my neighbor in our School's dorm."

"What makes you travel all the way over here, sweetie?" Mrs. Han asked out of curiosity,

"I actually..." Ryujin scratch the back of her hand from embarrassment. 
"... want to see Leia."

With a red cheek, Leia quickly turned to her mom before lying. "Yeah! Because I promised her that I will show her the beauty of Gwanju."

"Ahh, so that's why." Her mom nodded with a warm smile. "Come inside then Ryujin, we have an extra room for you, don't worry!"

"Woah... is that you mom?" Leia whispered, she never knew her mom has this side.

"She's quite handsome, plus her smile is really cute." Her mom murmured back.

"Ah... another victim that falls for her smile." Leia talked to herself. "Such a dangerous woman." 

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Han." Ryujin shakes hand with the younger one's dad before they both settle down on the couch.

"Jaein, why are you hiding in the corner?" Her dad asked. "Come and say hi to your sunbaenim."

"Oh... mom told me to clean the empty room for her. Bye-bye." Leia quickly darted from the living room to the safety of one of the bedroom with a tomato-red face. With a wide smile on Ryujin's face, her gaze never left Leia for a second.

"I'll help her getting the room ready since I'll be sleeping there." Ryujin stood up and give a small bow. "Thank you for your hospitality."

"It's nothing." Mr. Han sweetly smile. "You should take your backpack and unpack your stuff."

Ryujin nodded and did what she was told. She steps quicken on the way to the room so she could see the girl she came for.

"Leia." She called the moment her feet got inside the room. The second their eyes meet again, Ryujin couldn't help but cheekily smiled.

"Oh... the room is ready, mom said you can you the closet if you want." Leia tried to remain calm even though she's panicking on the inside.

"Alright, thank you," Ryujin replied.

"Do you need help unpacking?" Leia asked while looking at the older's backpack.

"No, it's okay," Ryujin said as she walks closer to Leia, her hand reaching out to Leia's wrist. 
"You just need to stay here with m-"

"JAEIN!!"

Ryujin sighed and her head dropped in defeat when she heard Leia's mother scream.

"Yes, mom?!" 

"COME OUT HERE AND HELP ME!" Mrs. Han shouted back.

"Alright!" Leia responded before turning back to the older girl and let out an "I'm sorry." before leaving.

Leia's Pov

Hours just passed and the night has fallen but I still couldn't fall asleep thinking about what the hell just happened today. This is just out of nowhere and I kept pinching myself to see if I'm dreaming or not.

But how did she even know where was I? Did Lia told her? Did something happen in Seoul while I was gone?

"Because I, Shin Ryujin, feels the same way too."

Chills running down my spine just thinking of those words coming out from her mouth. The world that I would never thought I will hear. I felt happy but at the same time, I'm so confused about how to deal with this situation.

"Here." A soft and gentle voice travel through the backyard as I felt a touch on my shoulder. It was Ryujin who just covered me with her jacket. "Be careful or you'll catch a cold."

"I thought you're already going to sleep," I asked as she sat beside me on the bench. I'm surprised that she's still awake at this hour since she must be tired from the road trip.

"I couldn't sleep." From the corner of my eyes, I could see her looking at me with a bright smile on her face. My heart can't handle this!

"Why?" I asked. What can make this sleepyhead not able to sleep?

"Isn't it obvious?" She moves a little closer, still keeping the same widen smile on her face staring at me. "I actually didn't sleep well ever since you left Seoul."

Does that mean... she missed me?!

"Talking about that just reminds me of how dense I am not to notice my feelings before." She leans back at the chair, sighs as she looks up at the moon. "She wasn't the girlfriend I wanted, It was you all th-"

"Meow."

"Oh hi, kitty!" I nervously greeted the cat that just walks into our conversation. I honestly didn't want her to finish her sentence. It's too sudden, I'm not ready for the word 'girlfriend' yet. I mean only a few days ago she still has a girlfriend and now she's here right beside me talking about our feelings. It's just too sudden. Plus, how do I know if she actually broke up with Heiran or not?

"How cute." Ryujin chuckled. She must be talking about the cat but why is she looking at me...

"Yeah." I awkwardly smiled and fake a yawn.

"I'm getting sleepy." I sat up and do a little stretch before giving her the jacket.
"Goodnight, Ryujin."

"Hm." She nodded with an ear to ear smile on her face.
"Goodnight, I'll see you in the morning."

I enter the house through the back door then heading my way to my own room. I can already tell that I'll have a good sleep tonight thanks to her presence under this roof.