It's My Job

It's been a few months since Tae has passed, and we've all started to slowly accept what happened. After Zad told us he saw Tae we told Jimin and Jimin thought the same thing as us: Zad can see and speak to the dead. Zad has only seen Tae once after that, and Tae came to play with Zad, which fucking broke my heart. Even after he died he's still such a soft man, and it makes me sad but warm.
I've gotten better with my emotions. I got a therapist and was put on some medications for my depression and anxiety. I obviously don't talk to my therapist about us being angels and Tae dying by some crazy bitch, but I did tell her what I saw, and she's been teaching me some coping skills to block the images from creeping up, especially when I sleep. Jungkook still sings me to sleep though, it helps a bit more. Jungkook has gotten a lot better with talking more, he even sees my therapist once and a while.
He's been there for Zad and I like you wouldn't believe. When either if us are having a bad day or are crying from missing Tae he cuddles us and puts on Tarzan and gets us froyo. He makes bubble baths for me and sometimes will sit with me in there, just to cuddle with me and reassure me that I'm okay. I don't deserve him, at all. I've done the best I can with him when he shows his vulnerable side. I usually cuddle up to him and talk to him about how we first met and when I fell in love with him, and our first time together and when he proposed to me. He told me he loves hearing the things that I found cute and lovely that he did, and he usually calms down or falls asleep in my arms.
We still haven't heard anything about Bailey, we can't get a track on her or anything. It's like she just vanished in thin air, like she never fucking existed. I still want revenge, and I always will. I want to rip her fucking throat out and skin her alive, make her suffer like she did to Tae, but I know that isn't healthy, but just the thought of her doing those things to him make me want to fuck her up so badly.
Jimin and Suga took Zad with them to shop, and when they come over they keep giving all of us chocolate and sweets, and I can't thank them enough. I decided to bake brownies, since baking is a coping skill of mine. The smell of the brownies fills the house and it smells so good.
I take the brownies out of the oven and turn the oven off, wishing they'd hurry and cool down so I can eat them. Jungkook comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he kisses the top of my head. I soak in his warmth, letting his body wash fill my nose.
"You just got out of the shower?" I ask turning around.
Oh yeah, he definitely did. He doesn't have a shirt, which isn't surprising, and his hair is a wet tangled mess.
"Mmm. Yeah, I needed one. You made brownies?"
He leans over to smell the brownies and kisses my cheek. God, he smells so good. He walks towards the couch and I run up, jumping onto his back and wrapping my arms around his neck as he pushes me up by my thighs. I laugh as he walks to the couch and lays on me, not with his full weight, but enough to where I can't move.
"I'm small, you're too big!"
He finally gets up, laughing. He smiles at me as I cock my head to the side.
"Hmm?" I ask.
He places his hand on my cheek and smiles at me again, his eyes twinkling.
"I just like seeing you happy and smiling. That's all."
I close my eyes, keeping his hand on my face. He's warm, which, what's new?
"Thank you. For everything. You've been so good to Zad and I, and I can't tha-"
He cuts me off with a laugh.
"Baby. No need to thank me, it's my job to make sure my family's safe and happy. I'd do anything for you two. You both are my world, and I wouldn't want to trade that."
He kisses the top of my head and I make grabby motions towards him. He lays beside me as I lay in front of him, pushing myself up to him so he can be my heater. His arms are around me, his muscles twitching every once and a while, making him flex. My eyes are closed, just listening to the sound of his breathing and the sounds of the animals outside chirping and croaking. Jungkook is playing with my hair, moving strands of my hair away from my face and my right ear, playing with my earrings again.
"I love you," I say, snuggling up closer to him.
"I love you too. Always."
He kisses my head and then kisses my ear, laying his head back down but moving his arm so he can run his nails against my neck, brushing my skin. Seriously? Seriously!
"You really wanna try that?"
I turn my head to find him giving a mischievous smile. He really does wanna try it.