f i v e

The next day, Aerin opened her locker and a note fell out of it

Stay away from Jeno.

Aerin rolled her eyes and crumbled the piece of paper before walking to her class. She greeted Jinhee on her way to her seat and quickly glanced at Somin who was whispering things to her friends as they snickered at her which made Aerin laugh mentally.

'So they are the mean girls.', Aerin thought.

"Hey, Aerin."

"Hey, Jeno.", Aerin smiled back at him, "Hey Jaemin, Donghyuck, Renjun.", she said, looking at the other guys around Jeno's desk.

Somin looked at their interaction and whispered something to her friends.

All day passed by pretty quickly and as the bell rang, the students started to pack their stuff and leave. Aerin put her backpack's straps on her shoulders and walked  out of the class. Her eyes were glued to her phone, reading a text from her brother when her path was block by something. Her eyes looked up and right in front of her stood Somin and two other girls. 

"What do you think you're doing?", Somin asked the girl with a pretty rude tone.

"Going home?", Aerin said with a 'duh' tone.

"You think you're smart, aren't you? You think, because you got into this school thanks to a scholarship, that you are like us?", Somin pushed Aerin's shoulder with her finger, "Stay away from Jeno, you two are not from the same world."

Not far from the scene, Jeno, Renjun, Donghyuck and Jaemin witnessed the whole thing. Jeno was going to intervene, embarrassed by his ex but Renjun grabbed his arm, stopping him. Jeno looked back at his friend, confused and Renjun nodded towards the girls.

Aerin's eyes were still on the place where Somin pushed her, her eyebrows raised in disbelief. She then let out a chuckle and raised her head to look at the bully, right in the eyes, "What if I don't?", the girl smirked, "What are you going to do? Hit me?", Aerin said, taking a step forward. She let out another chuckle as Somin stayed silent, furrowing her eyebrows at Aerin's reaction.

Aerin bumped into Somin's shoulder, walking to the school's exit. She waved at the boys as she passed them and Donghyuck just burst out laughing after that, "She's amazing, I love her.", he said, holding his stomach, still laughing.

The girl opened the door of her home and entered, removing her shoes before going to the living room, "Hey Aerin, how was school?", her brother asked from the couch.

She put her backpack on the ground and sat next to him, sighing, "You have no idea, Mark."

a/n: yeah don't mess w aerin 🤪