f o r t y f o u r

"Where are you going???", Jeno whined as Aerin got out of his arms after the movie they were watching ended

"I'm gonna change into my pajamas, be right back.", she said, grabbing some clothes from the backpack she brought.

It was Friday night and Aerin was sleeping over at Jeno's for the first time - first time since Jeno was back to normal. Donghyuck was sleeping over at her house and lord knows she doesn't want to accidentally walk in on them doing the nasty so she was glad Jeno suggested their own sleepover. Jeno's parents were attending a business dinner that he refused to go to because it was boring and mostly awkward for him.

Since Somin got suspended for a week and a half, the group's life had been a lot more peaceful which Aerin was thankful for. Everyone noticed how Jeno had become more and more whip for a certain girl in their group but the two still call themselves 'friends'.

Jeno wasn't sure if he should confess or not, he wasn't sure if Aerin would reciprocate his feelings or not. The truth was that he couldn't manage to figure her out completely yet, she was so unpredictable in so many ways that kept him wondering 'what is she going to do next?' but that's one of the multiple reasons that kept him going.

Aerin got out of Jeno's dressing room in her usual pajamas and spotted Jeno already curled into his covers. She quickly ran to him, jumping on her side on the bed - yes, they have their own side of the bed uwu i know - and got under the covers.

Jeno didn't waste a second and wrapped his arms around the girl, bringing her closer. Usually - because yes, this has become a casual thing - Aerin would either hit him playfully saying that he was suffocating her or she would hug him back immediately and to his surprise she did the latter. He brought his hand to her head and gently played with her hair, something she particularly enjoyed.

"Where do you see yourself in like ten years?", Jeno randomly asked, pulling you away a bit so he could look at you.

"I don't know. Probably married to a rich guy-"

"Who said I was going to marry you?"

"Who said you were the rich guy I was talking about?", Aerin retorted, smirking at his flustered expression, "I hope to be successful in whatever I'll want to do in the future and why not be married if I find the one.", she continued on a more serious and honest note, "What about you?"

"When I was younger until when I was dating Somin, I thought I wanted to be like my parents you know and be a great successor but as the time passed by I discover more about myself and what I want."

"And what do you want Lee Jeno?"

"I want to create my own video games company. I realized that I was so much more interested in video games than I thought I first was. I don't want to just play, I want to create my own games with my ideas, test them and share them. I want to make a whole business out of it."

Aerin noticed the little light in his eyes when he was talking about it and it was just so heartwarming, "You're so cute when you talked things you're passionate about.", she smiled then gave him a kiss on the cheek, "So you want to be a ceo for video games. Something else you wanna add to your future plans?"

Jeno mustered all of his courage and said, "You.", his answer took her aback as she all she could do right now was blink while staring at him, "I like you, like a lot."

A little smile made its way to her lips as she couldn't hold it back anymore, "I guess, I kinda like you too...a lot.", she admitted, rolling her eyes playfully.

Jeno's eyes disappeared into crescents as he gave her a kiss on the cheek, "What was that for-", he interrupted her by delicately putting his lips over hers.

In a normal setting, Aerin would usually punch him slightly for the interruption but right now she did none of that.

a/n: AAAAAAAH this part is disgustingly sweet, i hope you uwu-ed!