f o r t y t h r e e

"So what happened?", was the first thing Aerin's friends asked her when they gathered in her room after school

"Okay so, after nurse Kang gave me some new clothes I went to the principal's office."

Cue, flashback.

Aerin stood in the principal's office with her brother next to her, on the right and Somin and her mother on the left.

"So I have heard that Ms.Jo here spilled her beverage over Ms.Lee's head-"

"That's not true!", Somin chimed in, interrupting the old man which made her mom scold her silently.

"Ms.Jo, there are plenty of witnesses that saw you do it. Ms.Lee, do you have anything to say?"

"I-I-"

"Just say the truth! Say that you're lying!", Somin intervened again, feeling extremely wronged.

Aerin flinched at her shouts, making her seem even more vulnerable, "I'm telling the truth. Somin has been tormenting me for a while and I didn't even do anything but it seems like she's blaming me for everything bad that happened to her."

"You don't have proof! You're just saying anything to make yourself look good!"

"Jo Somin!", her mom's eyes were warning her to keep her mouth shut with a serious look.

"I have proof!", Aerin exclaimed, swinging her backpack to the front. She opened it and grabbed a handful of notes out of it, deposing them on the principal's desk, "Those are all the notes, Somin has left in my locker since I was transferred here."

"I did not do that!", Somin lied, her fist on her waist.

"You can check the handwriting, I'm telling the truth. She also threaten my parents' job and I have a proof for that too.", Aerin pulled out her phone and showed a video to the principal. It was a video of the day Aerin kneel in class and at the view of the video, Somin's eyes widened, cursing internally.

"Hold up, if you had the video, what was all the milk thing for?", Donghyuck asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

Aerin shrugged, "I like it a little dramatic.", she chuckled, "No, seriously, I thought that her being sent to the principal's office for something would give me an advantage when I tell him about everything else, plus they were so many witnesses, all the other students and the teacher, there was no way she could get out of the situation."

"Oooh so that's why you told me to distract her friends if I saw them!!", Donghyuck said, realizing his friend's strange request.

"That's why you weren't there?", Jeno asked, turning to Donghyuck who nodded in response.

"I was lucky Somin sent her friends to do some errands.", Aerin said, wiping her forehead in sign of relief.

"Wait, wait, the important question is how come you got a video of that day?", Renjun interrupted her story with a frown.