t h i r t y f o u r

"Yah looser, you dead? Hyuck told me you're not answering your phone

"Yah looser, you dead? Hyuck told me you're not answering your phone.", Mark said, entering into his sister's room.

"I just got out of the shower, geez. Tell your boyfriend to calm his ass.", Aerin said, standing in front of her mirror while brushing her wet hair in sweatpants with a sweatshirt, and a towel around her neck. She put the towel on her desk chair and went to her phone to unplug it. As the screen lit up, she saw fifty missed calls from Donghyuck, Renjun, Chenle, Jaemin and Jisung. Even one from Mark.

"Wait, why did you call me?", Aerin asked, squinting her eyes in a 'what-the-hell' way.

"I was too lazy to get up.", Mark answered, making his sister roll her eyes.

"Dang, they went all out, even Jisung called me and left a voicemail.", she said, looking at all the missed calls and the little message telling her she had five voicemails, one from each of them, "Did they kill someone and need my help to hide the body 'cause yo I saw this pl-"

"What? No! Just come with me.", Mark said, pushing her out of the room by the shoulders. He grabbed a backpack that was laying on the ground outside of her room and continued guiding Aerin downstairs.

"Why do you have a backpack?"

"Because we're going to stay the night."

"Where? Where are we going in the middle of the night? Do mom and dad know that we're sneaking out?", she asked, putting her shoes on.

"We're not sneaking out. I left a note on the fridge.", Mark said in a 'duh' tone.

Aerin just sat in the passenger seat of Mark's car with a pout on her face wondering where he was taking her. Of course, she trusted Mark, she trusted him with her life, that was why she just rested back in her seat. It's been a few days that her school closed because of some electricity difficulties or something like that and they said that it will only take a week to fix everything so they let the students stay at home for a week. During the past few days, Aerin helped her brother with his demos or hung out with the group from time to time, all of them at least once except Jeno. She didn't talk to Jeno at all for the last week or so.

As Mark was driving, Aerin remembered her friends' voicemails and took the time to listen to them.

'Hey Aerin. It's Jaemin. Uhmm...Can you call me back when you get this? Thank you.'

'Noona, it's Chenle. Why aren't you answering? :( - yes she can hear him do that - Call me back please, it's urgent.'

'Aerin-ah, this is Renjun. Are you dead? We've tried calling three times already. Call us back, asap.'

'Yo biss, you still alive? I swear to god if you're sleeping you're going to catch those hands. Oh God I'm just going to call Mark-'

'Noona? It's Jisung....Can you...come to Jeno's place please? It's kind of urgent. Why did you say his name??!! Now she's never going to call back!! I panicked-'

Aerin's eyes widened at the voicemail, now understanding where her brother was taking her and as if on cue Mark took a turn in an all too familiar neighborhood, "Are you kidding me? You traitor!"

a/n: i almost finished writing kdrama 🤭