f o r t y f i v e

The next morning, Aerin's eyes fluttered open slowly as her body started to stir

The next morning, Aerin's eyes fluttered open slowly as her body started to stir. She heard a whine coming from behind her as the arm resting on her side brought her closer to the body behind her, "Five more minutes."

Jeno's nose tickled the back of her neck, making her chuckle, "Come on, let's get breakfast I'm hungry.", Aerin said, wiggling her way out of the bed.

"Come baaaacckkkk!!!", Jeno whined again.

Aerin chuckled at the view before making her way to the bathroom. When she came back into the room all freshen up and in new clothes, Jeno was still in bed but scrolling through his phone this time, "Get your ass up.", she said, walking closer to him.

"Whyyyy? Can't we just stay in and cuddle all day?", a whiny Jeno asked, discarding his phone to the side.

"Really tempting but I'm taking you out on a date.", at her words, Jeno immediately got up and darted out of his room. Aerin chuckled, shaking her head at the boy's action.

When Jeno finished getting ready, the two of them headed out of the Lee's house, "Where are you taking me?", Jeno asked as the two got into his car.

"Somewhere really great.", she gave him a wink then proceeded to type the address in his GPS.

"A cat cafe?", Jeno's eyes shined as they saw the front of the little coffee shop.

"Not any random cat cafe. This is the trendiest one at the moment. They apparently have those amazing bobas and the cats are like a cute and fluffly bonus."

They both excitedly entered the coffee shop, ordering their drinks. They then went to a booth where an employee came to give them two cats to play with.

Aerin observed Jeno playing with his cat while she played with hers. He would sometimes talk in this higher pitched tone to the cute little fluff ball which made her heart melt even though she would never admit it out loud.

Damn she was falling hard.

Few minutes later, Jeno started to cough and sniff more and more often which alerted Aerin. She ignored it at first, thinking it was just him not drinking properly and almost choking but when it became worse and worse and his eyes started to water, she really started to worry, "Uhm Jeno are you okay? Your eyes are all red."

"Oh don't worry. It's just my allergies.", Jeno reassured, continuing to coo at the fluff ball.

Allergies? To what?

Oh no.

"Jeno. Don't tell me you're allergic to cats.", the boy looked up with a guilty expression which made her panic, "Why didn't you tell me?!!"

"You wouldn't have let me play with the cats.", he pouted, holding the cat closer to him.

"Do you have your medication on you?", she sighed as Jeno shook his head, "Why not?"

"Because I didn't know we would come here."

He was right which made Aerin feel even more guilty. The girl put her cat on the table and got up, doing the same with Jeno's. She grabbed his hand and the two sprinted out of there, waving at the workers on the way.

"Come on, I saw a pharmacy on the way.", she said, walking with determination without letting go of his hand.

After buying him some medicine at the pharmacy and a bottle of water, they both sat down on some random stairs as Aerin watched him take the pills with a pout on her face.

"Why are your face like this?", Jeno asked, poking her cheeks.

"I almost killed you.", she replied as her eyebrows furrowed even more.

"Don't be so dramatic.", he rolled his eyes, earning a look from her.

"Why did you never tell me?"

"And when could I have tell you?"

"I don't know? In between movies at your house like 'what do you want to watch next? oh by the way, I'm allergic to cats' or i don't know? Just before we entered the CAT cafe?"

"Oh right.", he showed his eyesmile, knowing she couldn't resist it, "It was still the best date ever though."

"Really?"

"Really."

a/n: fine i admit it, i had some really soft moments while writing this :] i love a whiny and clingy jeno that's my weakness! i can't believe this is going to end in exactly a week 🤧