t w e n t y t h r e e

What Aerin saw when she entered the art room was priceless

What Aerin saw when she entered the art room was priceless. Donghyuck was panicking on a chair, his legs bouncing up and down while Renjun and Jaemin were fanning him with canvases, the maknaes were standing on the side observing them weirdly and Jinhee was screaming on the phone at Mark to park his car faster.

"What are we gonna do? Oh my god!! That's it that's the end.", Aerin heard Donghyuck say.

"I see that Donghyuck is still panicking.", Aerin walked to him and smacked him in the back of his head, "Stop panicking. We have a back up plan remember? Thank God, I knew something like this could happen while you were like 'Nobody is gonna steal our song. Who's gonna do that?'"

"But we don't have the track with us!", Donghyuck replied, frustrated by the situation.

"That's why-", she paused, holding a finger up, "1...2...3...", she turned to the door as it opened forcefully.

"I'M HERE! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!", Mark said after barging into the room laptop in hand, making Aerin smile.

"Right on time.", she smiled, patting her brother's back.

"Aerin, we didn't practice the other song enough, we don't know it as well the other one.", Donghyuck said, looking already defeated.

"Well then what are you waiting for? We have some practice to do."

After rehearsing the song two times, the group rushed back to the gymnasium, "Thank you, boys for this amazing performance. Now it is time for our last performers of the night! Please welcome Aerin and Donghyuck!!!"

The two of them walked on stage as Donghyuck whispered to Aerin, "I prefer DONGHYUCK and Aerin."

"Don't forget that we're here thanks to me.", she reminded him, "Now let's win that thing, pretty boy.", she smiled and winked at him before the song started.

As Aerin and Donghyuck were performing, Jeno was looking for his girlfriend backstage, Aerin's words replaying in his head.

"Hey babe!", Somin greeted him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Did you do it on purpose?", Jeno asked bluntly, pushing his girlfriend away.

Somin looked at his serious expression and sighed, "Babe, listen to me, it's not my fault. I didn't know. The other girls suddenly wanted to change the song, it was me against them.", she said, looking at the ground and fiddling with her fingers.

"Really? You didn't know? Then how did you perform? How did you know when to sing? How did you remember the lyrics perfectly?", Jeno crossed his arms, definitely done with his girlfriend.

Somin's eyes widened at Jeno's words, "I- I-", she stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Is that why you asked me about them? Not because you cared or were interested but because you wanted to ambush them. You used me.", Jeno felt stupider and stupider as each word came out of his mouth.

"Jeno-"

"No!", he interrupted her, "I don't want to hear your excuses! Aerin was right, this has been going on for too long."

"Aerin?", she scoffed, "This is because of her right? This conversation? What bullsh-"

"SOMIN!", he raised his voice, shocking her, "Enough. This is not about Aerin. This is about you hurting my friends way too many times. I must be an idiot to let you do it so many times. This is something I should've done a long time ago."

"What do you mean?", she looked at him with a frown.

Jeno looked at her right in the eyes to make sure she understood the words that came out of his mouth, "We are done. I'm breaking up with you."

a/n: you finally did the right thing jeno 🤧 btw if you're curious about what song hyuck and aerin performed, you can take the following video as a reference