s e v e n t e e n

Somin turned around, a scared expression on her face

Somin turned around, a scared expression on her face. The two girls holding Aerin down had let go of her as soon as they heard Jeno's voice, "I- She-", Somin tried to explain.

Jinhee ran to Aerin's side helping her up, "Sorry I took so long."

"It's alright, you didn't take that long.", Aerin said, wincing slightly at the pain as she stood up.

"Why would you do that?", Donghyuck raised his voice at the bully.

"You're really messed up.", Renjun added.

"Are you okay noona?", Chenle asked Aerin, walking towards her with Jisung.

"Jeno, tell her what she did is wrong.", Jaemin pleaded Jeno but he just stood there, staring at his girlfriend as she stared back with glossy eyes, "Jeno?!"

"Of course, he's not saying anything.", Aerin let out a humorless chuckle. The girl grabbed Somin's shoulder, turning her around, breaking their eye-contact and slapping her right across the face.

The sound seemed to bring Jeno back to reality. His eyes looked at the ground, spotting her backpack. He picked it up and said, "Come on, I'll bring you to the infirmary.", his tone was colder than usual but not mean just neutral.

"It's fine I'll take her, go talk some sense to your girlfriend.", Jaemin said, taking Aerin's bag from Jeno's hand.

"I said, I'll take her.", Jeno repeated, looking blankly into Jaemin's eyes and snatching the bag back.

The two had their little staring contest until Aerin said, "Why are you two acting like the male leads of a drama?", she snatched her backpack from Jeno and put one strap over her shoulder, "I can carry my own bag.", she said, walking away. Renjun, Donghyuck, Jinhee, Jaemin, Jisung and Chenle followed her as she walked towards the exit.

"We need to talk.", Jeno said, facing Somin.

Jaemin offered to give Jinhee and Aerin a ride back home which they accepted since it would be hard to take the bus now that Aerin was hurt, "Are you sure you're okay?", Renjun asked, voice dripping in concern.

"I'm fine, Renjun. A little rich girl's punches won't kill me.", Aerin gave him a reassuring smile, even though she felt her body aching already.

"I know it's not the best time to say this but...", Donghyuck started but couldn't hide his grin, "...that slap.", he burst out laughing, making the other laugh too.

"See you guys tomorrow.", Aerin waved at the four boys before sitting in the passenger seat of Jaemin's car as he sat in the driver's seat and Jinhee sat in the back. Jaemin dropped Jinhee at her house first since she lived the closest.

"Thanks for the ride, Jaems.", Jinhee said, getting out of his car, "Text me when you get home.", she added, closing the car's door.

"Okay.", Jaemin and Aerin said at the same time.