t w e n t y

"Mom? Dad? I'm home!" Aerin screamed as soon as she entered her house, "I brought some friends for a school thing I hope you don't mind

"Mom? Dad? I'm home!" Aerin screamed as soon as she entered her house, "I brought some friends for a school thing I hope you don't mind."

"No, it's fine. Have fun!", Aerin's dad screamed from the kitchen.

They all followed Aerin pass the kitchen and went up the stairs, making her dad stopped what he was doing to look at the long line of teenagers -that seemed to keep going and going- entering in his house. The group dropped their jackets and backpacks in Aerin's room as she went in the bathroom to change into more comfortable clothes. She then went back to her room and motioned to her friends to follow her.

Aerin knocked on Mark's door, poping her head inside, "Mark?"

He was laying on his bed, phone in hand, "What's up, ugly?", he asked not even looking up at her.

"We need your musical help on something.", Aerin answered after rolling her eyes at the greeting.

"Sure.", he automatically responded without thinking, "Wait we-? Arggh!!", Mark screamed as Aerin opened the door completely and eight teenagers entered his room, "What the-"

Aerin explained the situation to him as he now sat on his desk chair to let the teenagers sit on his bed.

"Okay so you and you-", Mark started, pointing at his sister and Donghyuck, "-signed up for your school singing contest and you need me-", he pointed at himself, "-to help you find a good song."

"Yes!", Aerin said as her brother finally understood.

"Why me?"

"Who else than a SM University student can help us?"

"Woaaah you go to Seoul Music University?", Chenle repeated as his eyes almost jumped out of their orbit.

"I heard it's very selective, you must be really good.", Jisung stated.

"I'm alright.", Mark said, shrugging, "Okay so Donghyuck? Can you sing something please? I need to hear your voice."

Donghyuck cleared his voice then started singing a bit of Ed Sheeran's song, Don't. Mark was actually impressed by his unique tone, bopping his head as he sang and writing some things down.

As Donghyuck stopped, Mark turned to Aerin, "Okay, can you sing it with him?  But only these parts.", he said, giving Aerin the block-note he was writing on, "Donghyuck, do it again, the exact same."

The others winced a little bit already, waiting for Aerin's inner goat to come out but it...never...did? It was actually kinda...nice?

After the both of them finished, the room was silent until Mark spoke up, "Why do yall look like that?"

"I-I- We- Where did your dying goat go?", Renjun asked, extremely confused as the rest.

Mark and Aerin burst out laughing, "I see you've met noraebang Aerin.", Mark said as he kept laughing.

"Noraebang Aerin?", Jeno asked, even more confused.

"Aerin is pretty good at singing  but she's actually better at faked being a tone deaf.", Mark explained, wiping his happy tears away.

"I like to consider it a talent.", Aerin proudly said.

"This is insane!", Jinhee said, still dumbfounded.

"Yeah. She's been helping me with my demos since I started writing my own songs."

"He forced me to help him at first. Threatening my plushies and all.", Aerin said, giving her brother a glare, "But I guess that's why my voice is like this. I should thank him...but I won't."

Mark rolled his eyes and asked, "Want to hear more of Aerin singing?"

"No, stop embarrassing me!", Aerin tried to stop him to no avail as all of her friends nodded eagerly.

Mark played one of his original songs, Highway to Heaven as the teenagers all listened in awe except for Aerin who was embarrassed af.

"Stop you're just flexing your song.", Aerin said, hitting her brother's shoulder.

"Maybe.", Mark actually wanted to flex his sister's voice but he will never admit that.

"Wooahh this is an original song? Can you send it to me? I want to listen to it again.", Chenle said, happily.

"Can you show us more?", Jisung asked, with a lot of anticipation and eagerness.

"We're not supposed to do that!", Aerin said but then looked at her friends who were all pouting and looking at her with puppy eyes - yes, even Renjun - ,"Fine...play something else."

a/n: hyuck singing 'don't' will always be a blessing 🤧 and mark is also going to appear more in the next parts from now on bc we stan a talented brother! also it's hyuck's birthday!!! i love him so much and sm should let him rest!!!