t h i r t y e i g h t

A few days after the situation with Somin in the hallway, Aerin opened her locker to find a note in it

Keep on acting like this and your parents will lose their jobs.

There was a few things Aerin would never let people mess with and her family was at the top.

Aerin burst into the classroom, fire in her eyes, some of her friends were already in the room but she didn't seem to notice their presence as she walked straight to Somin's table. She slammed the note on her desk, making her jump in surprise. The whole class stopped what they were doing to look at them. Somin's eyes looked at her from her head to her shoes with a condescending look. Aerin closed her eyes to breathe in and out before putting a knee on the ground, "Aerin-", she heard her friends said as they were ready to stop her but she put a hand up, stopping them in their actions, "It's fine."

She kneel, her head hanging low and shocking the entire class in the process, "Oh my, oh my, would you look at that.", Somin smirked as her plan obviously worked. Aerin didn't say anything, keeping her fists on her thighs and her eyes on the ground, "Aren't you going to say anything? Cat's got your tongue? You're usually pretty talkative."

"Leave my parents alone, please.", Aerin's voice was low and shaky as her head was still hanging low.

"Tsk. This girl. See how far I had to go to get you to behave?", she said, pushing Aerin's head to one side with a finger, "Huh?", she pushed her head again.

"That's enough.", Jaemin said, glaring at Somin.

"Jaemin, please. Stay out of this.", Aerin said. Seeing her like this, broke her friends' hearts, "Leave my parents out of this, I beg you.", she said to Somin who was enjoying every second of the situation.

Somin stepped closer to Aerin and hunched down to whisper, "You know exactly what to do if you want me to leave your parents alone.", she then patted Aerin's head before sitting back down in her seat.

'Of course, she wants what she had always wanted: me getting away from Jeno.'

As if on cue, Jeno entered the room, eyebrows furrowed at the scene in front of him, "What's going on here?"

The bell rang, signifying that the class would start soon. The students got back in their seat, some still whispering about what just happened.

Aerin stood with the help of Jeno half way, "Are you okay?", he asked her, eyeing Somin who just waved her fingers at him with a smile.

"I'm fine, Jeno.", Aerin answered but not with her usual happy and energetic tone, full of sass as she pulled her arm away from him. Jeno frowned at her sudden action towards him, not understanding the change in her behavior and mood.

 Jeno frowned at her sudden action towards him, not understanding the change in her behavior and mood

a/n: oof i hated writing this nkbgjshbskiubcf