t h i r t y t h r e e

Monday morning, Aerin entered her science class, sending a smile to her desk mate, Jinhee

Monday morning, Aerin entered her science class, sending a smile to her desk mate, Jinhee. She put her backpack down before tying her hair into a ponytail and putting her lab coat on.

"Goodmorning, students.", their teacher greeted as he entered the classroom and the students bowed before sitting down, "As you know, the second semester has started which means time to change you partner for the rest of the year. So please listen carefully. Mr Jeon Jinhyuk please exchange with Ms Kim Nami. Ms Jo Somin please exchange with Ms Yoo Yujin. Mr Na Jaemin please exchange with Ms Lee Aerin."

'Of course, the god of kdrama had to put me with him.'

Aerin made her way to the desk behind her, her eyes meeting Jeno's who had this stupidly cute smile on his face that almost made her forget that she was mad at him. The rest of the remaining time in class Jeno didn't talk to her at all, he just followed her instructions for each product like a lost puppy.

"Since a lot of you didn't have the time to finish your report, I'll give you until our next class to finish it. Class dismissed.", their teacher said at the end of the class.

'Oh great more time together.'

"Let's stay at the library after school to finish this.", she said to Jeno with a neutral voice, no particular emotions on her face.

Aerin turned back and walked out of the class, linking arms with Jinhee, "So you're really mad at Jeno huh? He looked like a kicked stray puppy the whole time."

"Yeah it was cute.", Aerin commented quietly.

"What?", Jinhee exclaimed, turning her head to look at her friend.

"What?", she repeated, hoping Jinhee would just brush it off.

After school, Jeno and Aerin walked together to the library to finish their science report. The study session felt so awkward for the both of them with Jeno trying to break the ice and Aerin still giving him the cold shoulder, "Can you stop trying to joke around? I really don't want to."

"Oh...okay...", Jeno said, lowering in head like a kicked puppy which made Aerin kind of feel bad but NO she couldn't forgive that quickly.

When they finally finished their report, Jeno said, "It's dark outside already.", looking out the window, Aerin noticed that in fact it was dark.

'Shit, the bus!'

As if he just read her mind, Jeno asked, "Do you want a ride home?"

"No, it's fine.", she said, slipping the straps of her backpack on her shoulders and walking towards the exit of the library.

"Please, just this once. I'll feel bad if something happened to you. Plus if you die, the guys will kill me, Jinhee will skin me alive and Mark will hang my head on his wall."

Aerin thought about it for a moment before closing her eyes and sighed, finally giving in because she may be petty but she wasn't stupid, she wasn't going to risk her life because she was mad at her friend. Before she could open her mouth to agree, Jeno already grabbed her wrist, leading her to his car and she let him do.

 Before she could open her mouth to agree, Jeno already grabbed her wrist, leading her to his car and she let him do

a/n: okay this one feel short bc i literally can't be mean to Jeno 😭