TONGUE TIED

Carly stared down at the pregnancy test that read positive for about 5 minutes. she swallowed and walked out the bathroom. "jahseh." she spoke standing in the door way nervously. "what?" he asked smartly. "i- i'm pregnant." she said.

he looked at her before speaking, "abort it."

"what why?" she questioned. "i don't want a kid with you." he said shrugging looking back at his game. "why?" she asked sadly. "your were just one of my hoes." he said bluntly. she blinked away her tears nodding.

"i don't have the money for an abortion jahseh." she said sniffing. "forgot you were broke i'll cash app you." he said carelessly. she wiped away the stray salty tears that fell down her face. she slipped on her shoes and grabbed her bag.

"where you going?" he questioned pausing his game. she sighed, "home." he laughed, "how you gone get to whole other state with no money?" he asked. "i'll figure out something. i'm just one of your hoes so there's no need to worry bout me." she said.

"i ain't mean it like that shorty." he said getting up from his gaming chair. "i just wanna go home and get rid of the child like you want me too." she said walking out his room. "you staying here carly." he snapped.

"no i'm not." she said texting a female friend of hers who lived in florida asking if she could crash at her place just until she got some kind of money to go home and she said yeah. "where you gone go?" he questioned.

"to a friend house."

"it's a girl right?" he asked. "i don't get why it matters what gender the person is or not. your not my boy friend and i'm not your girl friend." she stated even though he led her on telling the media she was his future wife.

"your mines but i'm not yours carly." he said shrugging.

"sorry that's not how it works. and i get you don't like being told no but i'm not gonna sit up here and let you dog me for no reason." she said heading to the door.

he grabbed her wrist stopping her. "bruh don't leave me." he whined. "i have too in order to do what you want me to do." she said. "i'll take you to the clinic tomorrow ight just don't go no where." he begged.

she sighed taking off her shoes.

"why do i have to abort it?" she questioned. "i already told you i don't want a kid with you or anyone's who a easy fuck like you no disrespect." he said putting his hands up in defense. "wow." she mumbled.

"i'm not easy." she defended. "yeah you are, name one rapper you haven't fucked." he said looking at her. "those were just rumors jahseh, i never sexed any artist besides you." she said truthfully.

"hm that baby probably not even mine." he mumbled but she heard. "are you dead ass? how the fuck can it not be yours when you literally never fucking give me freedom to even consider sleeping with a another boy." she shouted hurt that he was slut shaming her.

"watch yo tone carly." he warned. "you know what fuck you jahseh!" she yelled through her tears that were now running down her face. "who the fuck is you talking to ?" he questioned aggressively getting in her face.

"you-."

jahseh sent a nice slap to her face. she rubbed her face looking at him. "shit i'm sorry." he said quickly reaching out to hug her. she pushed his hands away shaking her head. "i hate you." she mumbled but loud enough for him to here.

"take it back." he demanded. "i hate you so much." she repeated. jahseh bawled up his fist trying to calm him self down a little so he wouldn't hurt her. he walked away from her angrily to avoid any physical behavior.

years later

"junior get down before you fall and break your neck." carly snapped at her 6 year old son. "sorry mama." he said getting off the roof carefully. "when the food gone be done a nigga hungry!" her brother mike said.

"look it takes time to make barbecue for this big ass party that's in the backyard." she said laughing. "ight let me know when you done, come on junior you finna help me get the girls." he said picking up his nephew walking to the backyard.

"that boy is to much to be 16." she said laughing placing the finished steak and ribs in a pan. she heard footsteps from behind her making her speak, "the party is in the backyard."

"nah actually i'm here for you shorty." she heard making her freeze up. she knew that voice anywhere. she rubbed her hands on her apron. "you need to leave." she said turning around facing jahseh.

"aww i thought it was a party i know you ain't gone make me leave for real babygirl." he said stepping closer to her. she stepped back a little slowly remembering why she tried so hard to get away from him.

after jahseh slapped her, he continued to beat her.

"where my son at ma?" he asked. "that's my son that you didn't want anything to do with." she stated. "where he at?" he asked again. she grabbed the knife that she'd been cooking with and pointed it at him.

"i swear to god jahseh i'll stab you if you think about touching me." she warned. he stuck his bottom lip out, "ouch baby why you so feisty?" he questioned getting close enough to take the knife out of her hands and throw it on the ground.

"remember a few months ago when i fucked the shit out of you. it was valentine's day to be exact. you know just looking at you i can tell you gain some weight." he said turning her around. he wrapped his arms around her waist feeling on her stomach.

"mhm right here, got another on the way." he whispered in her ear. her breath hitched as her brother came back to the front with her son.

"car- oop i'm disturbing something huh?" he asked eyeing jahseh down as he stepped away from carly. "no." she said. "mommy can we eat now, me and jay got a lot of girls numbers they said i was handsome." junior said smiling.

"yeah um everyone can eat actually. jay go tell everyone the foods done and make me a plate and juniors thank you." she said grabbing jahseh's hand opening the side door leading him to her room closing the door.

"why are you here?" she asked crossing her arms.

"obviously to see junior." he spoke. "and you know of course to see how both of my other babies are today." he said again looking into her eyes. "you've been away for months living your life why can't you leave me and mines alone." she said referring to junior.

"i miss you that's all." he admitted shrugging sitting on her bed kicking off his air forces. "you know normally i'd kick your ass for speaking to me the way you are but since your pregnant with our other child i'll let it slide."