the broken ones

Please do vote and comment 💕

So how's your quarantine going guys,  I hope everyone is safe and sound.  Let our prayers reached out for those who're struggling to fight this dangerous virus 🙏

Enjoy.....................................

Aahna :

As soon as I stepped my foot inside a vase is thrown my way. It hits just as I was going to duck. The hit wasn't hard as I ducked but I could feel the impact and it's so going to bruise or worse.

Looking up I see my parents yet again fighting,  I should have guessed they can't stay more than few days without fighting each other. Looking past them I see my brothers, the elder one was holding our smallest brother behind him and both were shaking by the noises.

My sister was nowhere to be seen which only means that she's still at her job. I walk further in and their eyes falls on me. My face must've shown the Hatered as they both stop whatever profanities they were going to say. I quickly grab my brothers Hand and walk past them to the bedroom .

" Hey,  baby. Stay here alright. I'll go handle them, don't leave even if they call for you. " I kissed my youngest sibling on his forehead before moving down.

" What hell were you guys thinking,  they're just kids. For God sake do you want us to move even from here.  Can you guys just not talk to each other. Just ignore each other for all I care but don't spoil the other chance I've to give my brothers a better life. I'll not tolerate it. "

My mother was the first one to leave,  she was in her uniform which means she's going to her job. Next is my dad he leave immediately when I look over him.

Seeing the living room, it was wrecked. Luckily nothing expensive was broken. Television and phone were still intact.  I start my cleaning job.

After and hour I'm done when my sister gets in. She barely sees my way before muttering, " I'll be leaving tomorrow morning. Don't bother dinner for me. "

I was forcing her to go college. I didn't wanted her to spoil her life so that she could work and give us a better life. I can do that, she needs to study. Tomorrow she'll be leaving for her college and I was happy for her.

Feeding and tucking my brothers in, I finally go to my joint room with my sister and mother. She has packed and was deep asleep. Walking in the bathroom I see I've dry blood on the side of my head. I sigh. It'll need some band-aid.

Sleep was nowhere close. I stayed up all night thinking would life have been better if my father was still working?  Would be still in India,  our family happy as it used to be? 

Questions swam my head and all could do was look up to the ceiling and question my existence.

............€............

Next morning at 4 I helped my sister to the train station and then came back. My father had made breakfast but I wasn't in mood. I've not eaten anything since yesterday but still I can't bring myself to eat. Getting ready I start my walk to school.

Halfway through the road a car honked from behind, the car stops besides me.

Windows roll down and I see it Emerald. The car is different from yesterday but that should not surprise me. She nods her head motioning for me to get in and without questioning my subconscious I get in.

" I went your home to pick you up but your cute little brother said you already left . Next time wait for me,  I don't like chasing ."

" Why are you doing this? " I ask the question which has stuck in my mind since yesterday.

" You amuse me Aahna. You've grabbed attention of the elite group of our school and that's some saying. The school is filled with riches but elite is higher than that. Still yours i-don't-care-about-your-money attitude gives me a thrill About you.  You're the most genuine person I've met. You really don't care that we're rich. That's why you're here sitting as my equal. Any more questions "

I shake my head.

" You know ,loosen up a bit. You're too stiff. People might think I've kidnapped you. And what's that on your head,  a band aid?  "

Subconsciously my hand touches the area.

" Yeah,  I walked too the wall. "

Suddenly Emerald grabs her wrist and starts to open the buttons. A gasp escapes my lips when I see what it is.

Bruise marks. Someone have grabbed her a little too roughly but who can touch a rich kid. She has bodyguards for God sake. Suddenly my mind stops on the only person who could be so close to her and I look up at her questionlying.

" No it's not the doing of my parents,  they don't can't do this even if they want to . They're dead. I was 9 when they did die. I live with my uncle and aunty. They're bound to take care of me until I turn eighteen. That doesn't matters why I showed you this is because you can't lie to me. "

She looked so gentle.

" Anyone can get hurt,  Aahna.  Even the most brightest star is broken.  Just because we're rich doesn't means we can't be hurted.  I know your parents are responsible for that cut and it's okay, I understand. But after 9 years I've trusted someone after my parents and brother. Please don't lie to me. "

The car stops and the broken girl in front of me grabs her glasses so that no one could actually see how broken she really is.

She looked as if she owns the world but deep down her world is wrecked long ago.

True it is,  the happy ones are the saddest.

" Come on,  best friend. Don't wanna be late for our first lecture do we? "

For what felt like centuries I felt a genuine smile tug up on my lips.

It may have missed by me but life isn't fair to anyone,  money really doesn't matters.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Thank you
Kaajal