24:暖和

There's snow everywhere. In spite of many people being there it was silent except for the sound of the blowing harsh cold wind. An 8 year old boy ran in glee to the side of the cliff. Their parents had warned them not to to go out.
"Dean! Don't go there!" Johnny shouted after him. There was a light blizzard blowing. It was getting stronger.
"Hyung! It's so fun here! Come on!" The boy shouted excitedly and waved at Johnny with both hands while jumping up and down.
As Johnny walked towards him, he didn't hear the snuffed pitter patter of small legs behind him.
When he walked halfway he heard a loud squeal. He turned around and saw exactly what he had feared. A little Taeyong was standing on the banks of the frozen pond squealing excitedly as his boots slipped on the icy cold ground.
"Taeyong NO!! Don't go there!" Johnny screamed but his voice was not heard over the loud sound of the wind.
"Johnny ! Come on! Even that little kid is having fun! " Dean mocked .
Johnny turned around in fury.
"He can get hurt Dean! GET DOWN FROM THERE" he shouted but to no avail. He stood midway between Taeyong and Dean, his body telling him something bad was going to happen , adrenaline coursing through his veins.

He watched Taeyong take a few steps more into the pond. His shouts were not heard anymore.
He looked to Dean and saw him move closer to the cliff.
Johnny felt like crying. Why had he forgotten to close the door? He sniffled, feeling scared, a sudden earning for his mom arising.

What if he made one wrong step and lost them both? He couldn't shout, he won't be heard. There was no one in sight. The storm was picking up. They were far from the cabin.He couldn't lose Taeyong. He had taken care of the boy since he was 1 day old.
He had promised Dean's mum that he would keep him safe and away from danger.
A tear slipped down his rosy cheeks and watched them both simultaneously . He looked at Dean once more , and turned to look at Taeyong just in time to see the ice giving away under the boys legs and saw him fall into the water. He didn't think. His body acted on its own. He ran to the pond to save the boy. He heard a shout behind him but he didn't turn around.
He jumped into the water, after taking a huge gulp of breath and dived deeper into the pond, ignoring the pain all over his body. He grabbed onto the already in moving body of his little brother. As much as his body was prepared, he was starting to lose strength. Using a last surge of his energy he managed to swim to the top of the pond.

While inside the cabin, Baekhyun had sudden rush of motherly instinct , threw away the knife he had in his hands and ran. Johnny's mother ran after him.

Johnny somehow hauled both of them out of the icy cold water and lay on the snow. Taeyong was turning blue. He looked over to the cliff quickly. There was no Dean. He cried more, and tried to do the basic first aid his mom had taught him on the omega. A little water came out of his mouth. He was still not breathing. Snow fell on his long eyelashes , making him look like a ice prince.
While his body too was shutting down, he made a last attempt to revive the little boy and fell on to of him trying to give him a the remaining warmth managing to hold on to his little arms,taking in his pale and blue tinted face which was usually pink with warmth, glow and childish happiness,he heard blurred cries of his mother and aunt. Tears.
His vision blurred and he looked at the cliff once more , no Dean. More tears.
"Eo-eomma" he called out his voice soft and barely audible.
And he blacked out.

Johnny sat up breathing quickly. He looked around, got a grasp of his surrounding and calmed down.
"Johnny you ok?" He heard Jaehyun's groggy voice. Johnny looked down and saw the sick face of the slightly younger alpha.
"We're both sick" Jaehyun muttered curling on himself. Johnny looked at his own state. His nose felt stuffed, the exact feeling he had on that day. It was also snowing outside he noticed ,as the curtain was thrown open .
He lay back down, his head hurting and faced Jaehyun.
"You didn't answer my question Johnny" Jaehyun said again as he spaced out again.
"Hmm? Oh I'm fine.. a memory..I hate snow!" Johnny said weakly and scowled.
"Same..snow was..always bad for me. Taeyong looked uncomfortable too ..any idea why?" Jaehyun asked and coughed . Johnny put his arms around Jaehyun trying to put out the topic.
"Shut up and sleep Jeffery..I'm cold."
"Ok..tell me later?"
"Sure.."