four

GRAYSON

"So, how much booze do we really need?" Ethan asks while pulling onto the freeway. He barely glances over his shoulder before accelerating on the gas pedal. A cigarette dangles out of his mouth as he looks back at me.

"A lot, Ethan. You know a bunch of people are going to be showing up to this party. Austin is already spreading the word." I shake my head and hang my arm out the window. The sun is blaring today.

"Do you really think everyone who comes will show up for the concert? That's our main goal. You know we need to be promoting that shit." He quickly changes lanes, and allows his 1976 red cobra mustang to cruise even faster than before.

"I think we have a good chance." I simply shrug and look back at my twin.

"The four of us have to get our shit in order, dude. This is getting serious."

"I know." I agree.

"We need to start writing more songs." He says while flicking his cigarette out the window.

"We will, we need to build our following first. We started this from scratch. It takes time." I show a bit of hopefulness, knowing Ethan doubts our career.

"I say we have a band meeting when we get done grocery shopping." He exclaims while merging across the freeway.

"Landon and Austin should have bought all the snacks and shit. The party is already at our apartment, which isn't even that big." I sigh and pull my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Snacks? We need snacks, too?" Ethan looks at me with wide eyes.

"Of course we do, asshat. We can't be drinking on an empty stomach." Sometimes I don't understand how he's the older twin. It's only by a few minutes, but unfortunately Ethan popped out first.

"Alcohol and drugs is all we need, and you know Austin will supply that."

"But we still need some kind of food." I groan, knowing he just doesn't get it.

"Well, you can be in charge of that. I'll get the alcohol." He comes up with a plan.

I simply agree with him and adjust the black sunglasses that are covering my eyes. When he pulls up to the supermarket, I hop out of the mustang and place my glasses over the front of my black t-shirt.

Ethan and I stride into the store, and I grab a shopping cart. There's a lot of things we need to get for the big weekend. If there's one thing my twin and I are good at, it's partying. I could walk in and the mood will shift. However, hosting one is a lot different.

This party is the build up to our performance at the Whisky a Go Go. We need to draw in a crowd in order to become recognizable. Red Hot could easily catch a break, and living in Los Angeles sure does help our current predicament. There's a talent agent on every corner.

"Okay, I say we go big with the liquor." Ethan tries to take charge of pushing the cart, but I swat his hand away.

"Knock yourself out, man." I laugh and help him pick out a few cases of beer. For our female audience, I make sure to add some wine coolers into the mix. We also can't forget vodka and rum.

"Think that's enough? We need to be good party hosts." He looks back at me.

"I think we're good, let's head over toward the snacks." I hunch my body against the cart and begin to push it.

"Don't get boring snacks, like pretzels." Ethan laughs.

"Since when are pretzels boring?" I roll my eyes and turn down the snack aisle.