six

GRAYSON

I bring the jack daniels bottle up to my lips and take a large sip. Gripping onto the alcohol, I allow my eyes to adjust to the puff of smoke around me. The bass of Aerosmith's hit, Walk This Way, is pounding in my eardrums.

The party has been going on for a half hour, and it's already crazy. This is the first official party that Red Hot has thrown as a band, and it's certainly been a riot.

Austin outdid himself with the invitations, because I'm pretty sure every girl that goes to the local community college is in our living room.

People that don't live in this area are here to have a good time. Kids from the valley and the beach always flood the Sunset Strip, and tonight's no exception.

In a way, I'm honored so many people showed up. It's cool to have a large following for being a small local band, even though most of our fans are female.

I'm sitting on my living room couch, surrounded by people I don't know. As I take another sip from the bottle, I glance at Ethan.

He's sitting to the left of me and his arm is draped over some blonde wearing a cheetah print long sleeve shirt and a black leather skirt. They're getting pretty cozy, if I do say so myself.

Austin is opposite me, spreading out a line of cocaine on our glass table. We could never afford the strong stuff, but he splurged for the big event tonight. His reasoning was that he wanted the babes to think we were hardcore, even though Landon disagreed.

Two girls are sitting next to him, one on either side. They're helping him spread the drug, which I find ironic. Clearly there's no saints in this apartment tonight.

"This is such a cool party." The brunette sitting next to him smirks.

"Thanks Crystal." Austin nods.

"It's Cheryl." She corrects him.

"Oh, that's right. My mistake." He practically rolls his eyes before leaning down and snorting the line. The girl ignores his comment and proceeds to inhale the drug.

"Set me up with a line." Ethan nods toward our lead singer.

"Hurry before it's all out." Cheryl laughs and places her hand on Austin's thigh.

"You want a blow, Grayson?" Austin looks up at me.

"I'm good." I decline the offer.

"No? Since when?" Ethan laughs and leans into the table, ingesting the white powder into his body.

"Just not into it tonight." I shrug and look out the window of our apartment. The streets of LA are pretty busy for a Thursday night.

"Come on, do one line. We're celebrating." My twin hits into my shoulder.

"It's not every weekend you play three nights at the Whisky A Go Go. Did I mention three?" Austin turns to the other girl sitting next to him.

"That's more than two, but less than four." Ethan laughs and looks down at the blonde in his lap.

"Thanks for the math lesson, but it's still no." I shake my head. Clearly all that coke is making him super intelligent tonight.

"That's no fun." Austin rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, who are you? Landon?" Ethan snickers.

"Shut up." I bring the bottle up to my lips and take the last few sips.

"It's so awesome that you guys are twins." The blonde connected to my brother looks at me with a vicious smirk on her lips.

"Yes, being a twin has been the height of my twenty one years alive." I laugh at how wasted this girl is.