forty five

GRAYSON

My eyes slowly begin to open and I immediately feel Avery's body cuddled up against my chest. As I get adjusted to the bright light peeking through my curtains, I look down at her sleeping peacefully.

God, I love this woman so much. She's truly an angel sent from above. She saved me in ways I will never be able to explain to anyone. My heart solely beats for her.

Now that she's back in my life I will never let her fall through my grip again. I'm blessed to be given another chance to prove to her how much she means to me.

"Baby." I smile and lean down to peck her cheek.

"Mhmm." She mumbles while opening her eyes. She looks directly at me and I can feel my heart racing from her stare.

"Good morning." I embrace her in a tight hug.

She buries her face into the crook of my neck. "It's so early."

"We have a two hour drive to San Diego. We need to get ready." I kiss the top of her head.

"Big performance today. This is groundbreaking for your career." A yawn escapes her mouth. My arms stay wrapped around her naked body as I hold her close to me.

"And it's going to be even better now that you'll be in the front row cheering me on." I smile and look down at her adorable face.

"I'll fight any groupie that gets in my way." She giggles while staring at me.

"I wouldn't expect anything less." I lean down to softly attach my lips to hers.

"I'm so happy I'm with you." Avery places her hand on my cheek.

"Me too baby. I love you so much, I just wanted to remind you." I say with a giddy grin.

"And I love you." She wraps her arms around my neck and continues to kiss me.

A loud knock suddenly forms on the door, and I turn my head in that direction.

"Yo, Gray. Get your ass out of bed and get ready. The car is almost here." Ethan yells from the doorway. He pauses before opening his mouth again. "You too, Avery. I know you're in there."

"Hi Ethan." She giggles, her entire face turning red.

"Finally! Please tell me you two are back together." My twin says with an enthusiastic tone.

"We definitely are." I lean down to kiss Avery's lips again.

She smiles against my mouth and I feel complete. It takes everything in me not to throw her back into my bed, but I know how important this day is.

All of the boys arrive, including Lily and Raven. Landon's sister Katie is also here. I heard a rumor she has a crush on my brother, so I'm interested to see how that will play out.

Ethan always hated relationships but I think he's learning that love is a blessing. Once you experience it, your world will never be the same.

I begin getting dressed and Austin saves the day by bringing Avery clothes from her closet. Everyone had an idea that she would spend the night with me, which I find amusing.

When Avery finishes getting ready, she heads into the living room. Lily and Raven turn to look at her with happy smiles on their faces.

"Girl, you're glowing. That make up sex was probably amazing." Raven squeals, and I smirk.

It was better than amazing, it was fucking mind-blowing. We couldn't keep our hands off of each other all night. We had to make up for all of that lost time.